Thread: "Factory" stippling for a Glock

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

"Factory" stippling for a Glock

Hey guys,

I've got an old Gen 2 17 that is virtually worn smooth from years of shooting for fun and completion. I've added a slide on Hogue grip which makes it shootable, but I'd like something more permanent that doesn't add girth.

I can't stand stippled guns in general, so I'm looking to see if there's anyone that does a more or less factory type texture or very slightly more rough versus a real stipple job for aggressive grippiness.

Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Have you looked into talon grips? They make a rubberized and a granulate "sand paper" grip. Doesn't add girth, and solid if installed correctly. If you don't like it you can remove it. I'm a big fan on any pre gen 4 glock.
    Last edited by klawson; 09-04-16 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by klawson View Post
    Have you looked into talon grips? They make a rubberized and a granulate "sand paper" grip. Doesn't add girth, and solid if installed correctly. If you don't like it you can remove it. I'm a big fan on any pre gen 4 glock.
    I had some of the sand paper style and didn't like them, but I haven't tried the rubberized ones. As cheap as they are they're worth a shot and save me having to ship the frame.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    I had some of the sand paper style and didn't like them, but I haven't tried the rubberized ones. As cheap as they are they're worth a shot and save me having to ship the frame.
    Try the rubber. Don't know if any of you have shot an fnp45 but holding that is like holding a cheese grater with bare hands. I just installed the rubber talon grips and it completely transformed it into one of my favorite shooters. I also installed them on my wife's 19 and she loved them as well.

Feedback Score
    I have the rubber Talons on all of my GLOCK's.

Really is the best option IMHO if you don't prefer grip modification.

Feedback Score
    Rubber talons are the way to go, it really made my 43 comfortable to shoot. Looking at getting some for my 19 so please post feedback!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Put rubber Talons on three Glocks. Love them.

Do it right. Follow the directions. I've sweat on them plenty (and shot while sweaty) and none are coming off. Clean the handle with lots of alcohol, let it dry, do not touch it with bare fingers after that. After properly applying the Talon grips use the hair dryer like they say. Done right they won't come off.

(Unless of course you heat them up and pull them off)

I've used their material on other guns too. Have it on my Hawk 982 shotgun. Really helps.

Feedback Score
    +1 for talon grips.

I have it on a HK 45C that is a range gun, and it makes a difference. However, an identical 45C that is my everyday carry gun, is bare as clothing does catch more on the rubberized grip.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for Talon rubber grips. I have them on all of my Glocks.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I wanted to follow up with this today and say my rubberized grips arrived last night from Talon/Amazon. Night and day difference from the sand paper version and made my old 17 feel pretty close to factory again.

Thanks guys.