Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: X-95 still having accuracy issues?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

SAR

I absolutely love my X95, so much so it's now my go to rifle. I'm far from an accurate shooter but I think accuracy is fine for what it is, I shoot about 3 inch groups at 100 with an Aimpoint T2 and M193 consistently (I shoot 2.5 inch groups with my free floated SSA equipped BCM with the same ammo). The stock trigger isn't the best in the world but quality aftermarket solutions are available so that's not an issue. The strong points of the X95 are the compactness, balance, the ergonomics, and the reliability(its built like a tank). It's a relatively heavy rifle compared to my 16 inch BCM (ELW-fluted, 13 inch magnesium KMR), but even though it's heavier it's actually easier to keep shouldered. The rearward balance is so good the rifle shoulders more naturally than any rifle I've ever held. I feel like I can keep it shouldered for a significantly longer period of time vs my BCM. You really do not feel the weight with this rifle, especially with a loaded mag. Ergonomically it's fantastic. Any manipulation you can do with an AR pattern rifle can be done just as easily and just as fast if not faster with an x95. The only downside ergonomically is weak side shooting obviously, but it can be shot on the weak side. I only have 1200 rounds through my x95 but I've had zero problems, not a single malfunction of any kind. A very small sample size but considering the x95 is almost identical internally to the original SAR, I don't think reliability is going to be an issue since many would consider the tavor a proven platform.

Overall I wouldn't trade my X95 for anything on the market right now. It fills my need for a short, compact, and reliable shooter for CQB/home defense type use. I get that people think it should be more accurate relative to its price tag, but considering its design parameters I think it's a small price to pay. It has so much more going for it beyond its mediocre accuracy. For someone that doesn't want to go the NFA route but wants a short rifle for CQB use, I don't think there's a better option available right now. Oh and my gun was purchased last August and is S#49xxx.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the detailed write up of your experience to date. I have multiple AR pattern rifles as well as a couple of AKs. All of my carbine training has been with the AR and while I'm not a special forces candidate I'm pretty competent with the platform.

My current go to rifle is an 11.5 BCM BFH upper on an SBR aero lower. It is a great rifle but there are some disadvantages such as lower round speed and the legalities of taking the rifle out of state.

Tavor SAR always intrigued me as a compact piston driven alternative to the AR. Now that the X95 is out and price is dropping a bit got too hard to pass on it.

My FDE X95 shipped last week for $1575 out the door from Gunprime. I was going to wait a bit longer as I'm selling some of my other gear to fund this purchase but at that price I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

For now I will run a Trijicon MRO or my Elcan Spectre on it but eventually I will buy a dedicated Meprolight or similar for it.

Also planning to put a Griffin taper muzzle brake on it so I can run it suppressed.

Can't wait to get it this week.

Feedback Score
    I agree, what becomes self evident upon handling the X95, or the Tavor is the manueverabilty and ease of handling. The weight balance is such that you can easily hold pretty steady one handed. Good for when you need your other hand to open a door, use phone etc. It's awesome for close quarter / in home use.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PattonWasRight View Post
    I agree, what becomes self evident upon handling the X95, or the Tavor is the manueverabilty and ease of handling. The weight balance is such that you can easily hold pretty steady one handed. Good for when you need your other hand to open a door, use phone etc. It's awesome for close quarter / in home use.
    If I'm blown away with it I will eventually get one in 300BLK to replace my home defense 300 Blackout SBR.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunf1ghter View Post
    If I'm blown away with it I will eventually get one in 300BLK to replace my home defense 300 Blackout SBR.
    I have three BCM's, all of them 16 inchers and I was definitely blown away by the compactness and balance of the X95. If you're coming from SBR's you might not be blown away, but the balance of the rifle is very noticeable. And as others have stated the pistol grip is the way to go IMO. I'm used to applying pressure on top of my middle finger under the trigger guard when gripping a rifle one handed and the factory sabre grip makes that awkward. Because there's only a small ledge between the grip right under the trigger, using the middle finger for support makes me feel like my hand is going to slip up the grip behind the trigger. Putting on the pistol grip solved it and made it feel normal to me.

Also when first doing manipulations like mag changes and malfunction drills it does take a small amount of time to adjust to the x95's controls. Pressing the mag release which is in a slightly different spot compared to an ar15, and doing magazine manipulations behind fire control definitely felt awkward at first. But after some practice applying the same principles of the ar15, everything becomes very easy, natural, and fast. The x95 isn't for everyone, but if you spend some time and ammo to learn the system its really a great rifle. I hope you enjoy ours as much as I enjoy mine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looking to order a new X95 and wanted to see how the recent ones are doing and if they have done anything about the accuracy issue many have talked about in the past. Thanks
    Current Arms:
    - BCM 16" ELW w/13" KMR on Spikes Lower AR-15
    - Arsenal Bulgarian SAM7R AK47
    - CZ Shadow 2
    - CZ P-10c FDE
    - CZ EVO 3 Carbine FDE
    - Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield
    - Sig P365
    - Walther Arms PPQ M2 9mm
    - Ruger Precision Rifle .308
    - Beretta A300 Outlander 12G Shotgun
    - And other stuff I can't talk about

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post
    Looking to order a new X95 and wanted to see how the recent ones are doing and if they have done anything about the accuracy issue many have talked about in the past. Thanks
    What accuracy issues are people talking about?
    This is a battle rifle. It's meant to shoot 2 to 4 moa. It's not sub moa out to 1k rifle.

I've seen post people shoot 2 or less depending on bullet and of course how good the shooter is.

With upgraded trigger and how good you are u could do 1 moa.

It's a good rifle. Buy one.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    http://BullpupForum.com/index.php?topic=12164.0

#ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
    http://BullpupForum.com/index.php?topic=12164.0

Nice showing.

I have a Tavor and what tests on that rifle and the X95 can't convey is how dang welded to the rifle you feel.

If you're the support for the rifle, sure, my AR is more accurate, but standing etc I can shoot the Tavor more accurately than my ARs because of how many contact points the Tavor offers.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    I love the TAVOR, but I sold mine when I came to realize I can not afford to have novelty rifles that lack even the most basic parts and supplies support. But it's a great rifle. The M4 rifle is my go-to weapon and parts for it are in great abundance, I just don't have the worries. The fact that IWI won't even sell spare bolt for it should be a red flag. The only response for the TAVOR fan base is, "We don't need them, they won't wear out or break."

Um...ok.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast