Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: X-95 still having accuracy issues?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    Why buy an x95
    Looks damn cool?
    It's great for a handgun and my first interest in it was after playing call of duty with the lil red dot that look like the rmr.
    from TOS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    Yes combat accuracy is the magazine way of sugar coating shit accuracy. For that price it's absolutely unacceptable.

I have AK's more accurate than that.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    There's a great sig line someone has on this site, it goes something like "Has any guy ever been shot, looked down and asked, is that a 3 MOA group?"
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    There's a great sig line someone has on this site, it goes something like "Has any guy ever been shot, looked down and asked, is that a 3 MOA group?"
    I've seen that quote before also. I think one of the mods originally coined it but I'm not 100% sure.

As far as the X95 accuracy goes something is obviously not right. I agree with many of the others that for the price point it is wildly underwhelming.

When I hear the words "combat accuracy" I think of 2 inch groups at 100 yards and where poor accuracy only occurs after sustained fire when the barrel heats up. Nothing special, not laser accurate and gets the job done with standard ammo. Maybe 3-5 inch groups with standard ammo and 2-3 inch groups with match ammo at 100 yards is acceptable to some people, but I certainly wouldn't put up with that. Not for a darn near $2,000 gun. Your opinions or expectations may be different.

Such accuracy wouldn't shock me if I purchased a bargain bin WASR or something like that, where the performance jives with the cost. Everything else about the X95 that I have read has been excellent. The trigger is better than the Tavor SAR out of the box, the reliability is there, the mounting options are better, it feels built like a tank, the mag release is in a better spot, etc etc. The accuracy is where people are getting disappointed. From a regular consumer standpoint, you should always be striving to get the most for your money. And with the X95, people are feeling that they didn't get the most for their money almost solely because of this accuracy issue.
    "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" - Patrick Henry

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    2" would be acceptable

Feedback Score
    I thought I read combat accuracy is 3 to 5"?
    What does the military say about combat accuracy?
    But I do agree for $2k with taxes and fees it should be 2" or better.
    But people do like tavors. I wished I would of waited on buying one. But I have fun shooting it.
    Although I can't own suppressors. I don't like the fact that there is more gas coming back at the shooter. Especially for a piston rifle. So, I have to imagine when shooting suppressed it can't be fun

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I get about 3" with a Geissele trigger using an AImpoint Pro with 55gr Gold dots on my Tavor SAR. I find that acceptable to me, because my use for it will almost always be 50 yards and in. People want most every rifle to do sub MOA with zero tweaks, and it's just not realistic.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I get about 3" with a Geissele trigger using an AImpoint Pro with 55gr Gold dots on my Tavor SAR. I find that acceptable to me, because my use for it will almost always be 50 yards and in. People want most every rifle to do sub MOA with zero tweaks, and it's just not realistic.
    I wonder how much better it would be if the rifle was free floated

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
    I wonder how much better it would be if the rifle was free floated

And the shooter was competent

Feedback Score
    If u use aftermarket products, from gear head works like their rail system, their charging handle helps makes the Tavor more free floated.
    I think they said there are 4 points in the Tavor where it keeps it from being a free floated barrel. As for the x95, I think it's harder to make the x95 to free float

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast