Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: X-95 still having accuracy issues?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreakarms View Post
    If u use aftermarket products, from gear head works like their rail system, their charging handle helps makes the Tavor more free floated.
    I think they said there are 4 points in the Tavor where it keeps it from being a free floated barrel. As for the x95, I think it's harder to make the x95 to free float

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I thought about adding their light rail, it's my only real knock on the Tavor is it's a bitch running a light with a pressure switch on the wonky rail sections. They seem to have solved that. They have some other great products too like the cover for the gas port. So maybe one day I can run it suppressed.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no problem if Im at the range with a red dot shooting 3 to 4 MOA groups. But if I bench a rifle, throw on a 10x scope, and use Federal Gold Medal Match and get 3 MOA groups or 5 MOA groups with M193.... I have a problem with that. Because I know when Im shooting kneeling with an Aimpoint Im not going to get anywhere near the same accuracy results. So now my 3 to 5 MOA groups are 6 to 9 MOA groups. Which to me is unacceptable.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I have no problem if Im at the range with a red dot shooting 3 to 4 MOA groups. But if I bench a rifle, throw on a 10x scope, and use Federal Gold Medal Match and get 3 MOA groups or 5 MOA groups with M193.... I have a problem with that. Because I know when Im shooting kneeling with an Aimpoint Im not going to get anywhere near the same accuracy results. So now my 3 to 5 MOA groups are 6 to 9 MOA groups. Which to me is unacceptable.
    Completely agree!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On my second to last trip to the range there was a guy with a new X95 in FDE (he stated that he had just picked it up when I complimented him on it). He was having a terrible time getting the thing to hit a 6" plate at 200 with any consistency with what looked like a 1-4x Nightforce, but I can't speak for the competence of the shooter. Custom cut Pelican cases for everything he had that day, a few NFA goodies including a KAC 300BLK SBR, the guy definitely knew how to spend money on rifles. Doesn't mean that he could shoot, but nothing else seemed to be giving him fits quite like his new X95. I do recall another owner mentioning that the factory trigger just had to go if you were used to anything decent...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    On my second to last trip to the range there was a guy with a new X95 in FDE (he stated that he had just picked it up when I complimented him on it). He was having a terrible time getting the thing to hit a 6" plate at 200 with any consistency with what looked like a 1-4x Nightforce, but I can't speak for the competence of the shooter. Custom cut Pelican cases for everything he had that day, a few NFA goodies including a KAC 300BLK SBR, the guy definitely knew how to spend money on rifles. Doesn't mean that he could shoot, but nothing else seemed to be giving him fits quite like his new X95. I do recall another owner mentioning that the factory trigger just had to go if you were used to anything decent...
    Probably needs to learn how to shot and sight in his scope lol.

#ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    3 MOA target using a rifle that has a reputation for shooting up to 5 MOA.....

While I agree that good equipment doesn't necessarily make you perform better, the opposite is also true. No matter how good of a shot you are, a inaccurate rifle is going to be inaccurate.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    3 MOA target using a rifle that has a reputation for shooting up to 5 MOA.....

While I agree that good equipment doesn't necessarily make you perform better, the opposite is also true. No matter how good of a shot you are, a inaccurate rifle is going to be inaccurate.
    This. It seems that the old saying "it's the indian, not the arrow" has been repeated so many times that the pendulum has swung too far the other way. Half a head is the standard of accuracy you want with a rifle. Whatever range you can hit that is that rifle's effective range. Unless you're being attacked by Torrey's or Ivan targets.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Watch the IV8888 video of them both shooting the x95. It shoots way way worse than 5 moa....it's like 10 moa toward the end of the mag. I've watched plenty of shooting videos of both guys. Neither one is a "crappy" shooter.

Pretty bad when the ak can win an accuracy contest. If I was a weapon builder, I'd be embarrassed to have my name on it.

More like MOA of barn door....lol.... I can't wait to see one of these in the wild.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Ten-shot group, Norma Match-223, loaded with 77-grain SMKs, 100 yards.

I found it difficult to get a stable position to shoot the rifle from the bench and while the trigger is definitely better than the SAR's trigger, it was no help with shooting for groups. I think the Geissele Super Sabra and the lightning bow would help. A little bit. Probably not enough to really matter.

(Optic is an older Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8x.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I'm glad I didn't get the x95. I'll stick with my tavor.
    Plus I can't get a x95 here in Cali. Well not that I'm aware of yet. But I assume bb are already made for it

#ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast