Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: X-95 still having accuracy issues?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post

Ten-shot group, Norma Match-223, loaded with 77-grain SMKs, 100 yards.

I found it difficult to get a stable position to shoot the rifle from the bench and while the trigger is definitely better than the SAR's trigger, it was no help with shooting for groups. I think the Geissele Super Sabra and the lightning bow would help. A little bit. Probably not enough to really matter.

(Optic is an older Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8x.)
    You clearly walked down range and stabbed the target with a pencil, didn't you just hear it's minute of barn door accurate?

EDIT: I realize these have had accuracy issues, I'm just being a smartass.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    You clearly walked down range and stabbed the target with a pencil, didn't you just hear it's minute of barn door accurate?

EDIT: I realize these have had accuracy issues, I'm just being a smartass.
    The guy I sold it to was able to get sub-2 moa groups out of his pet hand load, which he reported is as good as his SARs.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    So for all of you guys who say this thing is inaccurate - do you have an AUG?

I really want to get a pup and like the ergos of the X95 but I agree with a few posts where it needs to be a little more than minute of man accurate.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg2003gt View Post
    So for all of you guys who say this thing is inaccurate - do you have an AUG?

I really want to get a pup and like the ergos of the X95 but I agree with a few posts where it needs to be a little more than minute of man accurate.
    This is where I'm at. I have a specific need for a bull pup and I liked a lot of things about the X95, namely the egos and the ease of adding a white light.

The AUG is another option. But I don't what to have to stock another type of magazine, and I get mixed reviews with the NATO stocked AUG's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    This is where I'm at. I have a specific need for a bull pup and I liked a lot of things about the X95, namely the egos and the ease of adding a white light.

The AUG is another option. But I don't what to have to stock another type of magazine, and I get mixed reviews with the NATO stocked AUG's.

I only have AUG's. Looked at the Tavor's but thought they felt cheap. Nothing wrong with the NATO stock, just have to pull the handle back when reloading.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 09-14-16 at 18:34.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post

Ten-shot group, Norma Match-223, loaded with 77-grain SMKs, 100 yards.

I found it difficult to get a stable position to shoot the rifle from the bench and while the trigger is definitely better than the SAR's trigger, it was no help with shooting for groups. I think the Geissele Super Sabra and the lightning bow would help. A little bit. Probably not enough to really matter.

(Optic is an older Leupold Vari-X III 2.5-8x.)
    Were you on bags for that group?

Feedback Score

My new AUG has been at Steyr for the past 3 weeks as they try to sort out why it will not reliably feed RA556B ammo. When it did feed, I got 1-1.5" groups at 50 yards using a Leupold VR 1-4X patrol and a variety of factory ammo. From what I've seen 2 MOA is the norm for an AUG and quality factory ammo.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    My new AUG has been at Steyr for the past 3 weeks as they try to sort out why it will not reliably feed RA556B ammo. When it did feed, I got 1-1.5" groups at 50 yards using a Leupold VR 1-4X patrol and a variety of factory ammo. From what I've seen 2 MOA is the norm for an AUG and quality factory ammo.
    Well... RA556B is our issued duty ammo and what I'd load any bull pup I purchase with...

Curious to hear what Steyr comes up with after they're done with your gun.

Feedback Score

I chose the Steyr mag version. 42 rounds vs 30 is a 40% increase to help offset the slower mag changes. The Steyr 42 rounders have gotten cheap since ICE quit issuing the rifle. I picked up a sh!t ton from CDNN for $14.95 a piece a while back.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbx View Post
    Were you on bags for that group?
    Affirmative.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast