Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Home Surveillance Cameras

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Outdoor Home Surveillance Cameras

Does anyone have recommendations for some good outdoor motion sensing cameras? I have experienced string of car burglaries over the past few months. My girlfriend car has been broken into once that we know of and my truck three times. I had thought about cameras for a while but this last time was the final straw.

I'm looking for an outdoor motion sensing camera that can be linked into wifi to send me push notifications when it senses motion. It would also be nice to be able to view a love feed on my phone when it senses motion as well. I would like to place a few hidden around various parts of the yard to monitor who is coming and going. I'm totally new to this so I have no idea who the good and bad brands are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&pag...trail%20camera
    WiFi connected Game Camera work for you?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you want an outdoor camera that has motion sensing, wifi, real-time notification to your phone, and recording with cloud storage ...very hard to beat NestCam for quality and ease of use.

Feedback Score
    We just installed a LS camera system at our church and they have been working great. All our cameras are hard wired though. We have the capability to watch them through wifi. Our security consultant had very little positive to say about wifi systems. In his experience they have been very glitchy and seemed to never be working right when you need them too. He also strongly recommended against the Costco or home improvement systems.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Arlo - completely wireless with motion detection and free cloud storage - http://amzn.to/2c5MKWF

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    If you want an outdoor camera that has motion sensing, wifi, real-time notification to your phone, and recording with cloud storage ...very hard to beat NestCam for quality and ease of use.

I was looking at the Nest camera. I had one of their thermostats in my last house and it was great. They seem to make quality products.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I was looking at the Nest camera. I had one of their thermostats in my last house and it was great. They seem to make quality products.

They do make great stuff but Arlo is a better solution because it has all the nest features and its wireless plus the cloud storage is free.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    They do make great stuff but Arlo is a better solution because it has all the nest features and its wireless plus the cloud storage is free.
    I do like that it is totally wireless. Just like they even showed in the commercial, I want to put one in a tree. How good is the battery life?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    6 months

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    6 months
    That's pretty damn good.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast