Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Outdoor Home Surveillance Cameras

Feedback Score
    I purchased some Uniden Guardian cameras. They're just ok. Wireless transmission to the base station but still require AC power. They've got IR night vision but again just barely ok. I supplemented them with indoor cameras from Yi and they're cheaper and actually better. Set them up layered with the larger, obvious cameras drawing the attention and the smaller window cameras getting a better image.

To do it again I'd go for the full HD cameras as expensive as I could afford.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Arlo Pro had a few improvements over the first ( better battery life as one.) I am currently running two at my place where I was restricted by my HOA on external wiring and power and have been pretty happy with them, Pro also added 2 way audio so I use the front one as a door bell for package delivery.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelance View Post
    Arlo Pro had a few improvements over the first ( better battery life as one.) I am currently running two at my place where I was restricted by my HOA on external wiring and power and have been pretty happy with them, Pro also added 2 way audio so I use the front one as a door bell for package delivery.
    I can't get ARLO to respond fast enough. It seems like if the camera is recording and the motion sensor is activated, it takes a long time to get real time camera operation.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I have an Arlo pro it's been quite satisfying so far. The talktocam feature, most especially. The batteries will still need improvement and few false notifs too due to motion detection. It also shows here how the motion detection can have quite an effect on the battery. But overall, I can say using arlo pro for outdoor surveillance is a wise purchase
    Last edited by JakiHere; 08-30-17 at 00:38.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Nest cameras require AC power but the interface is incredibly slick and everything goes directly to the cloud. Notifications of movement along with clips go directly to your phone allowing for almost instant and intuitive smart monitoring. You can easily create clips and time-lapse videos directly to your YouTube account or elsewhere.

The interface, cloud options, smart apps, and minimal lag make the Nest stand out over other options.

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 08-21-17 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nest outdoor cam user here. It's been pretty reliable with its notifications.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerblazer View Post
    "IP POE NVR video surveillance", is what will lead you down the rabbits hole of video surveillance excellence!
    Thank you. I have started down this path and the quality is soooo much better than any of the box store kits I have seen. I can upgrade and choose different cameras for different locations without as much proprietary system limitations.

The learning curve is a bit steep but it was worth it to me. Another plus is you don't have to buy everything at once, spreading out the cost of a better system.

Feedback Score
    Two Nest cams, one indoor, one outdoor. Both set up with motion zones to cut down on false alarms. I’d have an additional outdoor cam, but our local-monopoly-enjoying internet provider imposes data caps per month, because they can.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234