Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MAS Defense

Feedback Score

MAS Defense

Does anyone have any first hand experience with their uppers? How is the quality?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boatsman View Post
    Does anyone have any first hand experience with their uppers? How is the quality?
    Never heard of them. Why not buy a BCM, Colt, LMT, Daniel Defense, Noveske, or KAC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Where are these guys coming from?

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry if I have asked a question about something I am looking at possibly buying.

Why am I not buying Noveske, KAC, LMT or others is strictly affordability. I work very hard for what $$ I have available for a new rifle. Unfortunately I don't earn enough to save the amount needed to buy these. I'm sure others are in the same position and are trying to get the best possible components available to them and their budgets.

I know that these top tier companies produce the best components available, but thats not what I am asking about.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I'm sorry if I have asked a question about something I am looking at possibly buying.

Why am I not buying Noveske, KAC, LMT or others is strictly affordability. I work very hard for what $$ I have available for a new rifle. Unfortunately I don't earn enough to save the amount needed to buy these. I'm sure others are in the same position and are trying to get the best possible components available to them and their budgets.

I know that these top tier companies produce the best components available, but thats not what I am asking about.
    Why is it that people with the least money are the most likely to gamble with the little they do have? That is what you are doing if you buy a $250 upper. If I were in your position and had to have an AR I would save for a S&W. It's not KAC but it is fairly well respected for an inexpensive rifle and backed by a good warranty.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Where are these guys coming from?
    Astounding, isn't it....

Feedback Score

I've got a safe full of "top tier" rifles, but when I decided to keep a carbine in the trunks of 3 vehicles, I was NOT putting my decked out guns where they could (relatively) easily be stolen.
    I went with PSA Premium and Freedom line guns. I bought all parts on sale, with free shipping and used only PSA Premium BCGs. I paid no more than $500 for any of them. I am very, very pleased with those purchases. To vette them, I shot them almost exclusively for over a year. I have not had a single hiccup or issue of any kind in a combined three or four thousand rounds

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That is what you are doing if you buy a $250 upper.
    This one's $224 and you can get it with the keymods:

http://shop.masdefense.com/16-556-22...5GHDSBU-LD.htm

Who needs KAC?

I'll bet that mothajamma be all like kakakakakak... yee-haw! Dame MAS!

Feedback Score
    Why is it that people with the least money are the most likely to gamble with the little they do have? That is what you are doing if you buy a $250 upper. If I were in your position and had to have an AR I would save for a S&W. It's not KAC but it is fairly well respected for an inexpensive rifle and backed by a good warranty.
    Boatsman, this is good advice, but you asked about an upper, so I'm assuming you have a lower. I'm not aware of S&W selling Sport II uppers separately, so I recommended PSA.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrevailFI View Post
    ...when I decided to keep a carbine in the trunks of 3 vehicles, I was NOT putting my decked out guns where they could (relatively) easily be stolen.
    Any old gun will do for getting it stolen... isn't that the point of leaving unattended weapons in a vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by PrevailFI View Post
    I recommended PSA.
    I wouldn't recommend PSA for anything, but if/when you get one, don't forget to reach up there and get a mighty grasp on that gas block and see if it will do-the-twist before wasting any ammunition on it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast