Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MAS Defense

Feedback Score
    LOL! So keV, not just a closet lefty, but a f*(#ing asshole too?

How many times has your vehicle been broken into? I'm 55 and it's never happened to me.

Also, check what Battlefield Vegas and more recently, Rob Ski have to say about PSA. And AKOU isn't even testing the Premium line.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Where are these guys coming from?
    Panic tide is starting to swell. Prices inching up. More and more quality components on indefinite backorder.

Always makes for a flood of new members, some who can't or don't want to spend a lot of coin (no judgment on either count) looking for guidance and missing the mission statement when they join (judgment there). Can't imagine what's happening at TOS.

Besides, wait 'til November.

Feedback Score
    Preval FL. Thank you for your comments, that is exactly the type of advice/comment I was looking for.

I never said I was looking at $250 uppers, just asked about their quality in general.

It's really to bad when someone asks a legitimate question about a product and they get blasted for not having the income/money to buy what they consider as reputable products. That is the type of elitism that I hoped to avoid in the forum. No where did I see a "mission statement " stating only high cost components were to be discussed in the forum.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have two MAS Defense barrels. One came with a complete upper that I purchased from them last Black Friday for $204 shipped. It's a 16" 1/8 twist carbine length melonite barrel. The gas block and tube are generic, the hand guard is junk, but the upper is from Cerro Forge. I've put about 1,000 rounds through it with no issues. It's no BCM, but it is on par with lower end rifles. It's better than a DPMS, but I suppose it doesn't have the track record of a S&W rifle. Do what you want with your money, but don't be stupid. If all you can afford is a MAS Defense rifle, then get that. I don't believe in having cheap stuff for throwaway reasons, and I also don't believe that cheap means junk.

Also, if you do a little research, you will see there are a ton of folks that have good reviews on their pistol barrels.

Last edited by D_M; 09-08-16 at 17:30.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boatsman View Post
    Preval FL. Thank you for your comments, that is exactly the type of advice/comment I was looking for.

Putting a cheap ass rifle in your trunk because it might get stolen is like putting a cheap ass parachute in your plane because it might get stolen!

I never said I was looking at $250 uppers, just asked about their quality in general.

All of their uppers are cheap. If you want cheap buy cheap just don't expect us to encourage you to do it.

It's really to bad when someone asks a legitimate question about a product and they get blasted for not having the income/money to buy what they consider as reputable products. That is the type of elitism that I hoped to avoid in the forum. No where did I see a "mission statement " stating only high cost components were to be discussed in the forum.
    You didn't surf or search at all before posting here did you? I don't see where you got slammed for being poor. It sounds to me like you want an AR because you just want one and don't really care if it works or not. Maybe our mission statement should be... We don't encourage kids to buy junk! Maybe.... If you cannot afford to buy it you probably cannot afford to shoot it! Have you priced high end pepper spray? Maybe a high end baseball bat!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    There was a big thread about them on tos. Been banned for years so can't dig it up for you. Hit or miss barrel quality sums it up. Cheap yes. You may get a gold nugget or you might get a lemon. The only thing I'm willing to gamble on these days are scratch off tickets. Learn before it's too late, buy once cry once.

Feedback Score
    DM, thank you for your comments, I do appreciate them.

GH 41, at 58 I'm not exactly a kid. While I don't like your comments and in general find them very insulting I do understand the general idea you are trying to make a point of and I do appreciate that.

Feedback Score
    Misfit, you are exactly right, learn before you but and possibly make a mistake, exactly what I was attempting to do.

I do not know what forum tos is, but I will search.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Tos= the other site, aka arfcom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    Tos= the other site, aka arfcom.
    Buy once, cry once applies when building something you will have to trust your life with. Neither of my MAS Defense barreled rifles were built for my protection, they are both toys. When I hear "truck gun," I don't think of it as something to defend yourself with, but that may be because of how I was raised. Truck guns, to me, are for critters on your property.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast