Thread: Tactical Spork

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Tactical Spork

From Ka Bar, the tactical spork. You know you want one. I have a spork in my BOB bag, might as well be tactical!

Sometimes you need a fork. Sometimes you need a spoon. And other times you need a shank. So why not fuse the three together in a modular design that’ll keep you safe no matter what you eat for dinner. Well, the good folks over at Ka-Bar felt the same way, which is why they put together this Tactical Spork Tool for us to enjoy.

Each Tactical Spork hosts a hidden knife inside of the handle. The knife itself features a 2.5-inch serrated blade and an overall length of 6.875 inches. Take it camping, use it for self-defense, or keep it at the ready for when all the cutlery is dirty.

http://hiconsumption.com/2016/09/ka-bar-tactical-spork/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dangit... I am such a sap for Sporks and BOB stuff... Uhhhg:

Seriously though... I just placed an order for 2 on Amazon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Dangit... I am such a sap for Sporks and BOB stuff... Uhhhg:

Seriously though... I just placed an order for 2 on Amazon.
    After people stop making fun of the "tactical" aspect, they seem to really like it, so why not? Small spork/knife combo seems good idea.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    After people stop making fun of the "tactical" aspect, they seem to really like it, so why not? Small spork/knife combo seems good idea.
    Absolutely. I love the two piece aspect of it.

I have sets of:

Two piece design that breaks apart, but when Ounces count, it's a heavy beast to lug around.

Crappy, but they work as extra, lightweight, camping utenstils.

Worked the best out of the majority "cutting" wise for an all-in-one unit. But, still had much to desire.
    and

The one I keep on my BOB. It's extremely lightweight, gives an extra carabiner, and multiple tools to boot.

Considering I outfit many bags, one for each car, one for the bug out location, one for each my girlfriend and I, and a few extra smaller "auxiliary" packs in case we find ourselves in a situation with friends and/or family who are with us, the designs I have tried all had the knife shortcoming. Considering that I don't wanna be the guy that gets sick because I have to use my folder to cut my meal in a "survival" situation, it's nice to have something I can sanitize and keep separate for eating.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-08-16 at 08:27.

Feedback Score
    More good ideas. I love this forum.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use the titanium spork like what HeruMew shows above. The "knife" serrations are mostly useless but the utensil itself is adequate to the purpose. I use my fixed blade knife regardless. The ones that combine the fork/spoon in one do neither very well IMO. I have also found that metal > plastic.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have the one on the left.