Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 - striker fired game changer for me

Feedback Score

SIG P320 - striker fired game changer for me

Sig pistols haven't appealed to me for a great many years, as I have never warmed-up to DA and DA/SA semi-auto pistols. But the P320 (Sig's first striker-fired pistol) has been a game-changer for me with regard to my interest in SIGs.

The more I read about the P320, the more interested I became. People are really taking to this pistol. After watching countless YouTube videos and reading numerous reviews, I finally got to the stores and handled them. I was immediately impressed. Carefully comparing them to the M&P (which I love), my Glocks, the VP40 that I bought and then sold, the PPQ, and XD, I found the feel in the hand of the P320 to feel the best. Cabela's recent sale on them pushed me over the edge and I picked up a pair of P320s: a full size in .40S&W and a Compact in 9mm.

I've had them both to the range a couple of times and have over 300 rounds of mixed ammo types through each of them. I've experience no failures of any kind with either and come to find that they are very comfortable shooters and quite accurate. They're really easy to shoot well. And have an excellent trigger feel.

I've never liked the little safety-lever thingy in the middle of the trigger in Glocks and some other pistols - I much prefer a smooth-face, metal trigger shoe. The P320 has that and I love it!

Beyond that, they disassemble for cleaning incredibly easily and quickly - without any tools needed. All good stuff. And, they're good looking, as well.

Another element that has some appeal is that the system is so modular. And the only serialized piece ("the gun") is the small fire control unit (FCU) that can be so easily moved from grip module to grip module within a few seconds. The FCU is the small unit with trigger attached on the top left of the graphic below. With a single serialzed FCU, one can put together a wide variety of pistol sizes, shapes, and calibers. That is pretty cool and is especially helpful for those who are limited in the number of "pistols" they can buy or have.

Cleaning this pistol is easier than any pistol I've ever had. The pistol disassembles is just a few seconds (no tools needed) and with the FCU removed from the grip module, cleaning it is very quick and easy.

SIG has really done a great job of engineering this pistol, no doubt benefitting, borrowing from, and advancing on other striker-fired designs that have come before. I think this "system" of pistols will find great popularity in the coming years.

I've enjoyed shooting these two P320s so much that I just bought another variant (P320 Carry .40S&W) and look forward to picking up another in .45auto when I can find one (they have been selling-out very quickly when in stock).

The awesome M&P40 has been my preferred carry pistol for some time now, but I am transitioning over to the P320 Carry in .40S&W now as my EDC CCW pistol.
    Last edited by DHart; 09-07-16 at 18:47.

Feedback Score
    Congratulations on a couple of very nice 320s. Your photography is pretty good as well.

Good shooting!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interesting article in G&A Pistol on the P320RX
    The red dot factory equipped 9mm 320

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix12 View Post
    Congratulations on a couple of very nice 320s. Your photography is pretty good as well.

Good shooting!
    Thanks, Helix. I appreciate your comments.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    Interesting article in G&A Pistol on the P320RX
    The red dot factory equipped 9mm 320
    I haven't seen the article, but I did handle the pistol a little bit. Interesting offering. It isn't something I am drawn to, but I'm sure many will like it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm not a big fan of the 320 like some others, though I'm a huge fan of the modularity concept in general. The gun itself just doesn't do it for me.

But I have to agree with Helix - your photography skills are quite nice!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    I have to agree with Helix - your photography skills are quite nice!
    DirectTo... thank you!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Like the whole idea but dislike the grip and don't want to pay to buy more to test

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hey OP nice looking set you have there. I really enjoy mine, They balance well with a can on the end also. Congrats again

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Like the whole idea but dislike the grip and don't want to pay to buy more to test

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I believe some SIG dealers have a display of some sort where you can get the feel of the different frames and different sizes of the 12 different grip modules. Four frames (Full, Carry, Compact, Sub Compact) and in each frame, there are three different sizes (Small, Medium, Large), so 12 different options!
    Last edited by DHart; 09-07-16 at 21:56.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast