Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 - striker fired game changer for me

Feedback Score
    I also have been on the Glock train for many years after trying nearly every offering from the top manufacturs. I picked up a 320 carry in 9mm with nite sites. Changed out the grip to a compact/small and am really liking it. I had not been shooting much over the last few years, I think it was because Glocks make me bleed after 50 rnds or less. After getting the 320 I've shot more in 2-3 months than I had in the past 2-3 years. I'm looking at a P229 Legion next but I keep thinking about a full size 320 as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jhs1969 View Post
    I also have been on the Glock train for many years after trying nearly every offering from the top manufacturs. I picked up a 320 carry in 9mm with nite sites. Changed out the grip to a compact/small and am really liking it. I had not been shooting much over the last few years, I think it was because Glocks make me bleed after 50 rnds or less. After getting the 320 I've shot more in 2-3 months than I had in the past 2-3 years. I'm looking at a P229 Legion next but I keep thinking about a full size 320 as well.
    You are going to really love the full size P320. It is my favorite, by far, of the Full 40, Carry 40, & Compact 9 that I have.

I'm going to add a Full size 9mm X-change kit, as well, just for "powder puff" target shooting.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had nothing but good things to say about my 9 compact. I may try out a new trigger when I have time to tinker with it.

Feedback Score
    I added the flat Apex trigger and Like it but I shoot with the pad of my trigger finger. I like the carry 9mm. Haven't had the chance to shoot a full size yet. I'd like to shoot the .45.

Feedback Score
    The full size is definitely my favorite and is my first choice for places where the longer slide isn't a factor, like home, RV, truck, Jeep, woods uses. That 4.7" barrel/slide is just a dream to shoot - feels really good and makes accurate shooting really easy. Fantastic choice, especially in forty, where it is so soft, comfortable-shooting. The Carry and Compact versions with the 3.9" barrel are a little easier to carry, but the difference when in the holster isn't dramatic.
    Last edited by DHart; 09-27-16 at 11:05.

Feedback Score
    I also found the P320 to be a fantastic firearm from Sig. I got mine ( 40 cal) only a few months after its introduction .
    I was pleasantly surprised how it's caught on n is becoming a real rival for Glocks n S&W M+Ps.
    While I appreciate the fire control unit concept in theory it really is just too expensive to practically take advantage of.
    I think it is geared more towards winning the military MHS contract although it sure makes deep cleaning easy.
    Sig when it counts !!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    Nice to hear that! I understand how much they must appreciate the new pistols. Are they in .40S&W?
    I forgot to ask

Does anyone know any places to get deals on the conversion kits? I'd rather get one of those than buy a whole p320, but if I have to I guess I will for the full size.
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 09-28-16 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    I believe that this Sig is one of the remaining sidearms that the US Army is looking into as its next (Modular) handgun.... Smith & Wesson /GD was just disqualified and I think Glock, Sig and maybe Beretta are the handguns still in the mix.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rim View Post
    I believe that this Sig is one of the remaining sidearms that the US Army is looking into as its next (Modular) handgun.... Smith & Wesson /GD was just disqualified and I think Glock, Sig and maybe Beretta are the handguns still in the mix.
    Yes, the P320 is by far the most versatile, modular of them all. It wouldn't be all that surprising if it is the winning pistol. I think that would be awesome for Sig, as they have done a great job with this pistol.

I also think .40S&W would be a smart choice for our military, with a move to JHP ammo (which they are considering). The pistol is the least important of the military's firearms, but still, going with forty would bump up the ballistic capability (vs. 9mm) with little sacrifice in capacity. I can't see them going with .45 again, as the capacity is so low and weight/cost of the ammo is so high. And if they do stay with 9mm, I think there's a good chance that they will at least choose more effective ammunition (JHP bullets).
    Last edited by DHart; 10-01-16 at 13:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    Yes, the P320 is by far the most versatile, modular of them all. It wouldn't be all that surprising if it is the winning pistol. I think that would be awesome for Sig, as they have done a great job with this pistol.

I also think .40S&W would be a smart choice for our military, with a move to JHP ammo (which they are considering). The pistol is the least important of the military's firearms, but still, going with forty would bump up the ballistic capability (vs. 9mm) with little sacrifice in capacity. I can't see them going with .45 again, as the capacity is so low and weight/cost of the ammo is so high. And if they do stay with 9mm, I think there's a good chance that they will at least choose more effective ammunition (JHP bullets).
    Except...

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/09/25...ning-division/

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast