Thread: New Member/First AR Build

Feedback Score

New Member/First AR Build

New to the M4Carbine.net forum, I recenlty completed my first AR Build.
    I purchased everything from UIA Tactical out of League City Texas. Ferral (owner) was a great wealth of knowledge, extremely helpful.

Below is my parts list and some reasoning as why I chose them.

Lower Receiver- Aero Precision Gen 2 Texas Edition. AP quality and it looked cool
    LPK- Milspec with ambi safety. Nothing fancy
    Trigger - Hiperfire 24C. This trigger is awesome, it is adjustable from ~2.5 to ~4.5 lbs. Single stage trigger. (Totally not needed, but I wanted it after dryfiring the demo at UIA Tactical. There should be a law against really cool demos)
    Pistol Grip/Buttstock - Daniel Defense. I liked the grip angle, and they DD seems to have the right combination of polymer and rubber. It grips well, but doesn't stick to my cheek and allows for good grip. I also liked the one piece trigger guard

Upper Receiver - Aero Precision Enhanced. I liked the idea of a matched upper and lower. The handguard mounting platform is forged into the receiver which allows for a true free float barrel. Barrel nut does not need to be clocked for gas tube alignment
    Handguards - Aero Precision Enhanced keymod. I really liked the look, and again it matched my upper and lower
    Barrel - 16" BA Hanson .223 Wylde 1/8 Twist Stainless barrel. These barrels are awesome, I felt based on reviews, quality of material this was one of the best bang for buck barrels available. UIA tactical highly recommended this barrel
    Muzzle break - VG6 Epsilon. I could talk about performance but it really boiled down to cool factor. I liked the way it looked!
    BCG - Aero Precision Nickel Boron. I had flash backs of hours of cleaning the BCG after quals in the Marine Corps. If there are any former USMC armorers out there... I hated you guys. If the NiBo coating makes cleaning easier, I was for it. And it looks cool
    BUIS - Diamond Head polymer sites. They seem to do the job
    Red Dot - Vortex Sparc II. I liked the reviews and cost

Rifle shoots very well, it is more accurate than I am. I love the trigger, it breaks clean and the reset is very short. The combination of the barrel/compensator makes it very easy to shoot. Very happy with my build. My only complaint is that I will require lots of ammo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Sweet looking stick hope, it brings many trouble free range days to you!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Nice set up.
    Any plan for LPV optics?
    Last edited by gaijin; 09-09-16 at 12:20.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. That was the goal

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Nice set up.
    Any plan for LPV optics?
    Just the red dot for now. I may put a 3X magnifier on it some day. My goal for this build was simple go to everyday rifle and fun at the range. I don't foresee ever needing to go past 200-300 yards with this rifle and a red dot is plenty for that.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You did very well. It seems like you thought the gun out, had good advice, and executed a very solid, personal rifle. Not only should you be incredibly proud of yourself, but you should enjoy that rifle very much. I say great job!!! Now stock up on ammo and shoot that thing!!! ;-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    You did very well. It seems like you thought the gun out, had good advice, and executed a very solid, personal rifle. Not only should you be incredibly proud of yourself, but you should enjoy that rifle very much. I say great job!!! Now stock up on ammo and shoot that thing!!! ;-)
    Have to admit, I am pretty proud of this build. 500 rounds just came in today, so the plan is to put steel on target this weekend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by benaustin34 View Post
    Have to admit, I am pretty proud of this build. 500 rounds just came in today, so the plan is to put steel on target this weekend.
    Now all you need to do is save your brass. One day you may want to reload.

.223 has cheap fodder. But hdy gmx and Barnes is expensive. That is why i will reload my wifes 223 rifle one day.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=daniel87;2377674]Now all you need to do is save your brass. One day you may want to reload.

.223 has cheap fodder. But hdy gmx and Barnes is expensive. That is why i will reload my wifes 223 rifle one day.

I've got a single stage press and am set up to reload .308 and .45 ACP. Just need dies for .223. I just cant bring myself to buy just brass. Its much funner to shoot first, then collect brass.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=benaustin34;2377728]
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    Now all you need to do is save your brass. One day you may want to reload.

I've got a single stage press and am set up to reload .308 and .45 ACP. Just need dies for .223. I just cant bring myself to buy just brass. Its much funner to shoot first, then collect brass.
    Thats my idea .223 is cheap in bulk.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk