Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My "M4carbine.net" California AR

Feedback Score

My "M4carbine.net" California AR

I want to thank everyone on this site, Rob, Grant, Bravocompany and everyone else for their help and knowledge. I'm glad I went here and was able to purge what I had learned from TOS before I built my first AR.

This isn't my first AR, I've owned 2 before but never built one before. This rifle is somewhat special and I'll get into that after the obligatory pic and stats.

Almost the entire build I picked up from Grant over at G&R Tactical. Great prices and fast shipping (except when he gets hit by a hurricane)

Before anyone gets on me, I've not yet staked the castle nut but I will once I'm happy that the receiver extension is on straight.

Lauer LMT built lower (more on this later)
    BCM Middy Upper
    LMT BUIS
    LMT charging handle
    RRA middy handguards (Grant doesn't sell middy handguards)
    BCM gen2 stock kit
    LMT M-16 BCG
    Magpul MAID grip
    G&R Tactical full LPK
    Prince 50 bullet button and 10 rd magazine to keep it Cali legal (until we get Heller incorporated)

On to why this rifle is "special" to me.

As you may or may not know a few years ago on Calguns.net we were able to get the California DOJ to admit that so called "off list lowers" or OLL for short, were in fact 100% legal. This is one of the first OLL to make it into California. Some of the people at the California DOJ didn't like this so they tried to harass FFLs both in State as well as out of State into not dealing with us. They made phone calls to manufactures threating to arrest them if they sold them direct to us as well. All the FFL in California who would process an OLL got hit with a DOJ audit.

This Lauer LCM lower was undergoing the 10 day wait when such an audit took place. The DOJ deemed that the safe of the FFL was too small and then tried to trump up some "strawman purchase" story because these were a part of a group buy. They seized this and 218 other lowers bought via this group buy.

The CA DOJ took this to the ATF who laughed at them. The DOJ then told the involved parties, "We'll drop all felony charges if you surrender the lowers to us"

That dog don't hunt and after thousands and thousands of dollars in legal fees from a select few members on Calguns and TWO YEARS, these lowers will given back to us.

Feedback Score
    good story. thanks guys for paving the way. got myself a LMT lower.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thats a lovely weapon...

Its a sad state of affairs when two gov't agencies go head to head and the ATF turns out to be the good guys...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Beautiful rifle. Note to self...

Feedback Score
    Good job man... I hope the mirrors crack when those boys look at themselves in the morning to shave.

Feedback Score
    wow, is that one of the milpitas lowers? that is frickin good to go. nice build you got there.
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DANGER CLOSE View Post
    wow, is that one of the milpitas lowers? that is frickin good to go. nice build you got there.
    Yup! it's one of the Milpitas lowers!

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice set up. Will other Californians be able to purchase lower receivers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    Nice set up. Will other Californians be able to purchase lower receivers?
    IIRC the last estimate since we got the approval letters a few years ago was that over 100,000 lowers have been imported into California. Remember about 2 years ago when all the lower receivers dried up? That was California.

Feedback Score
    Awesome! I can't wait to show off my own Ca AR build with parts and knowledge base (build & technical info) courtesy of the fine folks here at M4carbine.net and G&R. Grant's putting together the BCM middy upper for me using a VTAC forend. I trust Grant will deliver something great for me to post up here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast