Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 642 as ONLY deep concealment carry option?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    True, but I've got enough stuff in my pockets that rattles already (keys, change, phone) that the LCR noise is a non-issue, for me anyway.
    That's been my experience. It's the transfer bar. It's so quiet that it blends in with other sounds of movement or the environment. You'd have to be in a library and move it side to side for anyone to hear it and even then they wouldn't know what it was. Might as well be two pennies in your pocket.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I owned a PM9 for several years, sold it off and eventually got a G43 about a year ago to replace that missing size in the stable. I also own a J-frame (640), BG380 (no laser) and a host of other compact/full size Glocks.

I can say that without a doubt the G43 sees more carry than any other gun, even the .380. It's big enough and packs a duty caliber to make you feel very confident in the gun, yet small enough to be worn with a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I feel it is a great balance that probably won't leave my rotation anytime soon, if ever.

Are your FTEs in the PM9 happening with carry ammo or plinking stuff? I remember mine was sprung pretty heavy, so it preferred hot stuff - though outside 2-3 FTEs in the first 500rds mine was solid. Missed it till I got the 43.

Feedback Score

same concerns

I have shot the G42 and the 43 I like the 42 better ,faster for multiple shots on target but over all I carry a pair of model 36s when I have to go deep concealment.
    I am the military products manager for Lasermax

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx04 View Post
    My main carry gun is a gen 3 G19, but i carry a Kahr PM9 or SW 642 when deep concealment is needed. Recently, ive been contemplating selling a few guns and consolidate to the glock 9mm platform. I definitely would like to pick up a LAV G19 when they become available (i like the RTF) but was debating if i should get a 43. The PM9 has been very reliable, but had a couple high angle FTF's that just never sat well with me.

My question is, should i get a 43 for the times the 19 is too big, or can i just roll with a 642? I love the reliability of the small revolver, but its tough to shoot, slow to reload, and a bitch to get a ton of rounds through. It is a great "close range one bad guy" type situation, but a 43 is a little more shootable with quicker reloads.
    I've had a love affair with the 642. It's an awesome little gun. I carried a 642 or a 340PD for 15 years. I don't own one anymore. I miss it at times. Very light gun but five rounds sucks. You don't get to choose only one bad guy. I carried a speed strip on my belt and two in the pocket. 20 rounds was respectable. I carry a S&W Shield in 9mm now. It a little bugger but fits my hand better.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    If the PM9 fits you well, can it be sent back for Kahr to attempt to fix the issue(s)?

I saw a link for a company that makes replacement followers for the 9mm mags on the Kahr talk forum, which may help:

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/metal-m...-for-9mm-kahr/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can't beat a J Frame Ti Model, or a G42 too.
    An overlooked BUG in an overlooked caliber is a Kel Tec P32 stoked with S&B 73gr 7.65 Browning: 8rds and about 8oz. I have two and they are both hard chromed. They are very accurate at 7rds and with negligible recoil. I don't use underpowered American .32acp, only the Euro Spec 73gr 7.65 Browning. Easy take down and cleaning as well. IMO a 7.65 will kill just as good as a .380 with good hits and is way easier to rapidly make those hit with because of the lack of recoil. Similiar to what other posters are saying with regard to the G43 to 43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I love my Model 60 J-frame. Great for pocket carry in warm weather. The J-frame Smiths are great shooters too. I recently picked up a G43 and so far I like it. It's been 100% reliable with everything It's been fed so far. (500 rounds.) Best accuracy so far is about 3.5 inches at 30 ft with Win Ranger 124gr +P.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTMAJ View Post
    I have shot the G42 and the 43 I like the 42 better ,faster for multiple shots on target but over all I carry a pair of model 36s when I have to go deep concealment.
    Simultaneously? For deep concealment?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm in this same boat right now. I have a G19 I carry daily but I'm in the market for something smaller for deeper concealment, when needed.. I'm currently trying to decide between a j-frame, LCP, and the G43. Decisions, decisions.

Feedback Score
    As much as I hate anything glock not chambered in 10mm, I must say my 642 stays in deep concealment 24/7/365....in my safe. Why? because my Shield took it's place...and my LCP fills any pocket carry need I have.
    The Jeep is Family

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast