Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best gas tube?

Feedback Score
    FWIW, a long time ago some saw a wear issue in the gas tube bulb interface to the key. A possible fix was to add a light flash hard chrome to the bulb. The results were not really any better than non chromed. The conclusion was that other factors could have more in play with the gas tube resistance to wear for this.
    It is entirely possible that the interfacing components are not true to spec. Look at all of the mass produced keys that have descending bore diameters with depth. Reamer wear results in a component issue, not a spec issue.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    FWIW, a long time ago some saw a wear issue in the gas tube bulb interface to the key. A possible fix was to add a light flash hard chrome to the bulb. The results were not really any better than non chromed. The conclusion was that other factors could have more in play with the gas tube resistance to wear for this.
    It is entirely possible that the interfacing components are not true to spec. Look at all of the mass produced keys that have descending bore diameters with depth. Reamer wear results in a component issue, not a spec issue.
    I don't have the tools to vouch for that, but the new gas tube had virtually no interference seating the naked carrier, and I never noted it with the old one, either.

Feedback Score
    While what you are saying is most likely possible, I would rather have the issue parts in hand to look at things than making judgments without seeing the parts.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    While what you are saying is most likely possible, I would rather have the issue parts in hand to look at things than making judgments without seeing the parts.
    I'm not going to send out my bcg, but seriously, if you want the gas tube I'll happily mail it to you if photos won't work.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    The gas tube fits in the SLR gas block the same as my other gas tube, it "just" wouldn't fit in the upper "is all".
    On the two V7 inconel gas tubes I have, you can only install them by first installing them on your gas block and then sliding them into place through your upper receiver. Mine cannot be installed with the gas block in place, because the shoulder where the larger diameter of the gas tube meets the smaller diameter that goes through the upper is approximately .125" of an inch to far back. Not a big deal for me, but my other tubes can also be installed with the gas block in place.

Also as you may or may not know, all Daniel Defense products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee against defects in original materials and workmanship. If your Daniel Defense product shows evidence of such defects, Daniel Defense will make every accommodation to fix, repair, or replace your product in the most expeditious manner possible. Daniel Defense does not warranty products or damage caused to our products by the correct or incorrect installation of other manufacturer’s products. Be sure to retain your sales slip as proof of purchase date when making a claim.

Joe Marler
    Accessories & Components Product Manager
    jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-15-16 at 23:58.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    On the two V7 inconel gas tubes I have, you can only install them by first installing them on your gas block and then sliding them into place through your upper receiver. Mine cannot be installed with the gas block in place, because the shoulder where the larger diameter of the gas tube meets the smaller diameter that goes through the upper is approximately .125" of an inch to far back. Not a big deal for me, but my other tubes can also be installed with the gas block in place.

Also as you may or may not know, all Daniel Defense products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee against defects in original materials and workmanship. If your Daniel Defense product shows evidence of such defects, Daniel Defense will make every accommodation to fix, repair, or replace your product in the most expeditious manner possible. Daniel Defense does not warranty products or damage caused to our products by the correct or incorrect installation of other manufacturer’s products. Be sure to retain your sales slip as proof of purchase date when making a claim.

Joe Marler
    Accessories & Components Product Manager
    jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com
    I had one of the earlier V7 tubes that physically would not fit into the upper properly, even with the gas block removed. It just wouldn't fit. Joel with V7 is replacing it for me, as it's un-usable.
    The gas tube is a wear item. 5K rounds is a bit soon, but I'm not going to bother DD with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123