Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you had to choose...

Feedback Score
    I would keep the MK18 and the M 4300. Actually i would keep all 3 and eat ramen and drink Pabst but I have great wife so I don't have to do any of those things.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsteed08 View Post
    Okay everyone,

I went nuts over this summer in the NFA department. I purchased a Sig MPX, DD MK18, and a DD M4300 (300BLK). I have SBR paperwork and suppressor paperwork pending. My question is this: If you could choose one, which would it be ad why? My wife says I am an impulse spender on guns (totally true) and wants me to pick one. I would use it for HD and sub 100 yards. Nothing further than that.Attachment 41483.

Thanks everyone!!
    Tell your wife to get real. Unless you're selling the other two to find something else, tell her there all staying. Sometimes you just have to tell women "no." It's your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Sell guns? %*&^ that noise....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsteed08 View Post
    Okay everyone,

I went nuts over this summer in the NFA department. I purchased a Sig MPX, DD MK18, and a DD M4300 (300BLK). I have SBR paperwork and suppressor paperwork pending. My question is this: If you could choose one, which would it be ad why? My wife says I am an impulse spender on guns (totally true) and wants me to pick one. I would use it for HD and sub 100 yards. Nothing further than that.

Thanks everyone!!
    Impulse spender or not, I would not sell or cancel the paperwork on any of these three firearms unless there are some behind the scenes financial issues we don't know about.

The only possible redundancy is having two factory DD SBR lowers. The 9mm MPX and the two DD's are a tough call as both are really unique and different items. The only thing I would consider is selling the MK-18 upper because I don't like the blast and concussion from a 5.56 round out of a barrel that short and, would look for a 12~14" long barrel.

Perhaps it is time to clean out the gear closet and garage of items you haven't "played with" in a long time and give the 3 of these a chance to earn some love.

You could sell both DD uppers, though probably at a financial loss to some degree, and replace them later. However, when you factor in optics and other 'farkles' the financial drain has only just begun.

If it really is just one, I would stick with the 300BO SBR. You can go with 30-30 ballistics or subsonics. Personally, I think there is a boat or motorcycle with tags, insurance and, depreciation in your future in the classifieds!

Feedback Score
    I would choose.........a new wife?😜

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    Impulse spender or not, I would not sell or cancel the paperwork on any of these three firearms unless there are some behind the scenes financial issues we don't know about.

Perhaps it is time to clean out the gear closet and garage of items you haven't "played with" in a long time and give the 3 of these a chance to earn some love.
    ^ Well said and in full agreement. If you have the cash flow why not, heck the value of those items will certainly not deprecate. Beyond the monetary value is the value you get from how they make you feel and that my friend is worth more than money!
    Last edited by lazerblazer; 09-16-16 at 21:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you have another AR lower that is SBR'd? If so, keep the MPX. If not, keep one of the ARs as its the most versatile. Personally, if these are pre 41f filed, I would find a way to keep all three. Sell the AR uppers and sell some other stuff and keep all the NFA stuff. Better yet, sell all of them so my stuff gets bumped up a few spots in line.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If you had to choose...

If you were irresponsible enough to spend the last of the milk and diaper money then yeah dump em and get your life/finances in order.
    If these were discretionary funds I think you did a hell of a job. Keep em all, period. You may consider bringing the wife in the loop on future purchases if this will be a source of strife.
    That's the same list I'm working in now, just took me a little while to be convinced on the MPX.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey
    Last edited by dbain99; 09-17-16 at 07:04.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12