Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most reliable 1911 caliber?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The 1911 was designed around a cartridge; .45 ACP.
    The COAL was/is (in ball configuration) 1.280".
    Both the .45 ACP and .38 Super share this COAL.
    As a rule, they WILL be the most reliable.

That said, advancements in magazine design have made the 9 mm equally reliable in a well set up ("tuned") pistol .
    I agree.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Not really a .45 fan. Pleasant to fire, but the other lower recoiling calibers with their faster split times and higher mag capacity are just more practical to me.
    yea but you were asking which was most reliable. If you had added the other stipulations, then answers would have been different.

Feedback Score
    I have 1911s in 45, 10mm and 9mm. The 45s have many more rounds down range, but they have all been equally reliable with my reloads, and the small amount of factory ammo that is through them. One of my 45s is a 3inch, I am anal about replacing the springs, and that seems to keep it ticking. I have carried them all for self-defense, although the 10mm is mostly used as my hunting sidearm.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    1st choice is the .45 with 5" barrel length.

Feedback Score
    I found Dan wesson makes one I'd like. A lightweight commander size in .38. Don't care for its appearance bur otherwise I like it!
    Pricey though..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Standard government model with a barrel bushing in 45. Once you start playing with recoil energy or shortening the operating window with shorter slides, springs life and reliability start to shorten. Granted, I've got a 9mm government that I built after a build class that took some tweaking but it runs like a Singer sewing machine now but there is always that question.

I've also got an officers model that has been accurate and reliable but will bobble every 3z500 rounds.

Feedback Score
    most reliable??? 5", ALL Steel frame and slide, .45 acp, AKA = ORIGINAL JMB DESIGN
    "People should not be afraid of their Government, Governments should be afraid of the people" - V - V for Vendetta

Feedback Score
    If you really, really want a reliable single action all steel 9mm...just buy a Hi- Power.

Feedback Score
    My 1911's are all 9mm, two ECO's and one Guardian from Dan Wesson. Few issues with one ECO in first 200 or so ads, but otherwise all have been right on the money!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    If you really, really want a reliable single action all steel 9mm...just buy a Hi- Power.
    Or a sig 226

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast