Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else had to provide a photo of their lower?

Feedback Score

Has anyone else had to provide a photo of their lower?

Just curious, I submitted a trust Form 1 about 3 weeks before 41F kicked in, and assumed other than cashing my check no one would be looking at it for quite some time. However , few days ago I received a call from an ATF examiner, and she was wanting a picture of the factory marking on my lower..Anyone else have to do this? She seemed very nice and said that it was to verify the model number (Colt Sporter 9mm)....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have had a few odd questions over the years but, they are pretty rare in my case. I suspect the massive influx of NFA forms and new employees and contractors is causing some of these random out of context questions and issues.

In one case, I had my permanent out of state move papers rejected for a suppressor because the length wasn't specified. I used the same exact descriptions, dimensions, etc. as the original Form 3 and my Form 4 but that wasn't enough. I canceled the move request and let it sit as work had become unreasonably busy. I submitted the same exact form with a new date later and was approved.

I also had one set of move papers where I dropped a digit in the serial number of a full-auto and the agent just hand wrote the missing digit in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    .... few days ago I received a call from an ATF examiner, and she was wanting a picture of the factory marking on my lower..Anyone else have to do this? She seemed very nice and said that it was to verify the model number (Colt Sporter 9mm)....
    She probably hasn't seen a factory 9mm marked Colt lower before with a Form 1 request and wants to confirm the accuracy of your description.

Feedback Score
    Our local forum did a group buy with a special lower with our forum on the roll mark. One of the guys submitted his and they asked for a picture. I think when they aren't the norm, they request a picture for verification.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    SoP for them when it's a lower they haven't seen before... just want to make sure everything on it and on your form is exact.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    My experience was similar with form 1 efile. The newly manufactured model wasn't in their system. They recommended a pic when I submitted. I sent one. Took them a month to update my file to "submitted". Was finally approved earlier this month.

Feedback Score
    I received an email from Lauren Rinaudot last August asking me to email her pictures of my lower receiver (form 1 e-file trust, Feb. 2016). She needed to verify the serial number. I made a mistake and didn't include the "MSA" part. I emailed her the pics that night. She corrected my form and got my approval the following day.

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So what happens if you don't have a lower receiver yet?

Lots of souls got a form 1 and then did all the work months later at their leisure.

Are we to assume that you must have a receiver in hand to actually apply to make an SBR now?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad101st View Post
    So what happens if you don't have a lower receiver yet?

Lots of souls got a form 1 and then did all the work months later at their leisure.

Are we to assume that you must have a receiver in hand to actually apply to make an SBR now?
    Well... having the serial number that's on the lower comes in pretty handy when filling out the F1.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Well... having the serial number that's on the lower comes in pretty handy when filling out the F1.
    You do know that many people use their own serial number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast