Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help on BCM markings

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Need some help on BCM markings

So I got this upper and it was sold as a BCM upper. It's 11.5" a heavy barrel, marked " B MP 5.56 NATO 1:9 HBAR". My research and knowledge says it is a Bushmaster upper. The FSB is not "F" marked and there is no "BCM" on the right side rear of the receiver. The Upper is a "keyhole" upper and both of my BCM uppers are the broken "A" (Anchor Harvey?) forge markings. Has BCM ever used "keyhole" forgings?

MM

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Sounds like a bushmaster at every angle

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    BCM puts their logo on side of receiver and has rail markings. I'm pretty sure they only did 1/7 twist as well

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Check the face of upper receiver if it say BCM4 its BCM. if M4 its bushmaster. But hearing the barrel stamp the barrel is bushmaster im 98% sure. I have one and i love it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post
    Check the face of upper receiver if it say BCM4 its BCM. if M4 its bushmaster. But hearing the barrel stamp the barrel is bushmaster im 98% sure. I have one and i love it.
    This is a more recent change for bcm - maybe around 2013 or 14 is when they started marking the uppers receivers bcm4.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    So I got this upper and it was sold as a BCM upper. It's 11.5" a heavy barrel, marked " B MP 5.56 NATO 1:9 HBAR". My research and knowledge says it is a Bushmaster upper. The FSB is not "F" marked and there is no "BCM" on the right side rear of the receiver. The Upper is a "keyhole" upper and both of my BCM uppers are the broken "A" (Anchor Harvey?) forge markings. Has BCM ever used "keyhole" forgings?

MM

I guess the question now is if you can return it....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Well the "mystery" is solved. You have a POS Bushmaster upper. Now take it back and get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post

MM

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Well the "mystery" is solved. You have a POS Bushmaster upper. Now take it back and get your money back.
    It was a used sale and yes it's going back. Thanks for everyone's help. I didn't want to tear the guy a new one for misrepresenting the upper until I was sure he was screwing me.

MM

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    It happens.

About 5 years ago I bought a "Colt" 10.3" upper on M4C.

As soon as I got it I looked down the barrel and immediately knew it was 1:9. Luckily he took it back, but between ignorant sellers and scammers I don't even buy used stuff anymore unless the dude has a rep.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really? Thanks didnt know that, that's good change. Myself i'm not fan of bcm white marking so i bought stripped bcm blem upper which i assembled and them end up selling it no regret could alway pick another one up. The extension housing is indeed tighter than average.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast