Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help on BCM markings

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post
    Whats your sample size of "POS bushmaster" that you had experience with?
    If I remember correctly, IG worked as an armorer on an overseas contract which involved Bushmaster "M4's".
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I feel confident saying IGs hands on experience fixing Bushmasters numbers in the 5+ hundreds of units.

To see someone question IG on his hands on experiences with Bushmaster is Quite Funny.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    To see someone question IG on his hands on experiences with Bushmaster is Quite Funny.
    Ridiculous really.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    The best thing I did when I joined this site was to keep my mouth (keyboard) shut and my ears (eyes) open. Read more, post less.
    Pretty sound advice right there. Raised eyebrows when I see someone making quality comparisons of a Bushmaster to Anderson, Double-Star, etc... Leads me to believe the individual making the comparison may suffer from "not knowing what they don't know".
    Last edited by orlanger; 09-19-16 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    All of them? Really? I must disagree.

The fsb... It doesnt matter really whatever its f marked or not. Non-f marked fsb can be used with a1&a2 upper and flat top and f marked can be used with a1&a2.

I know the difference between but its is so small that few more turns on front post or even taller one will fix any problem if you even have any.

The chamber on mine chamber and fire 77gr mk262 and 75gr hornady no problem it also shoot shit tula and brown bear with no problem. The chamber is on tight side compared to FN, dpms, and doublestar i had especially FN.

Only bad thing is the twist for some.

I have seen bushmaster lower and they are really well made. The a2 upper i saw have little maching mark there and there but not worse than colt a2 i have now.

By sketchy i mean their qc is up and down throughout history of company. They would have those silly whoopie yet scary often, like not tighting barrel nut to spec sometime almost only hand tight. Poor staking on gas key and bolt lug shitting the bed early sometime.

Oh and the barrel is cut better than colt and doublestar. I saw alot chatter marks in those but in bushmaster bore there are none.

I really really like FN bore too their land is rounder and taller its just the way they are made by chf.
    Dude, really? BM is the most prolific POS AR out there and IG's experience with them is extensive. Mine is nowhere near his, but teaching the Colt Course, I see dozens of BMs that I have students bring in for show and tell so they can see the difference between a gun built to spec and one that is NOT. You should immediately stop shooting NATO ammo in the gun because you DON'T have a NATO chamber. I've gauged hundreds of them and none have passed the gauging for the proper chamber. When you shoot that NATO ammo in a BM, you're going past the proof level (70K PSI, done once) on each and every shot. They don't test, gauge, QC or assemble at the level demanded of a quality gun. You can do some tweaks on them to get them to a better level, but when you have just the level of time with them that I do, you have to call them a NO GO.
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor

Aimpoint USA ProStaff

www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I know bushmaster have a sketchy history. But the one that isnt bad is far cry from POS. Especially the receivers and barrels.

Myself, unless i explicitly want nothing but BCM I would ask for partial refund the amount that I would paid more for it being BCM.
    They also have a "sketchy" future as well. They are a low end product that is actually over priced.

C4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

My point really is that bushmaster is solid base to start on.

Replace the barrel if needed and bcg then usual changes everybody do then you are golden.
    The barrel and BCG are the heart of an AR.

Any weapon that needs both of these replaced can hardly be called solid.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    My experience with Bushmaster spans over 20 years starting with my first acquisition in 1994.

My sample size was 500 (and that was just the ones that I had direct control over).

The barrel and BCG are the two most important parts of the weapon.

Your screen name certainly seems to fit.

Sound like your experience with bushmaster is during time where they were terrible, taken over by cerbus if i remember right. My experience with bushmaster is actually few samples like maybe 4 (not including barrel in my beater build) separate completely perfectly fine bushmaster ar15. One of them was very old. The rest is very recent. (had once experience with carbon-15 pos but that doesnt count)

I personally have used non f marked fsb barrel with flat top and f marked with carry handle and never had issue, sure the post sit bit high and bit low in each but no problem zeroing. I use battlezero.

The machining is critical i had experience with anderson upper which was machined off axis. Terrible experince. The receivers of bushmaster is well machined and in spec. That's very relevant. My point really is that bushmaster is solid base to start on. Replace the barrel if needed and bcg then usual changes everybody do then you are golden.

Whats your sample size of "POS bushmaster" that you had experience with?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was not calling him out, I asked that question base off my curiosity and suspecting that his negative experience was around time where bushmaster was at their worse after cerbus take over. Ever since he have turned his nose at them not seeing how they have improved ever since.

If i was calling somebody out it would be clear and probably involing outright calling BS and requesting proofs. If i dont do so i'm not calling them out but quenching some questions i have on mind.

Thinking that i have only worked with 4-5 ar15 is so far from fact. I personally own about that much. Look at the time! Golly look like its time for little drumming on my drum!

I have read IG's forum signature and knowing that his experince with gun is actually much more than what he listed. Even after all that. I have come to that his experience with ar-15 or guns isnt too far above mine.

Im only 23 but I shot my first gun at 8 and ever since my knowledge and experience with gun have been steep curve. At 13-15 I was hand fitting parts in my norinco 1911 made out of 5100 god steel. Helping and sometime take over my dad on his little gun cleaning and gunsmithing gigs on weekend and summer. While other kids play sports and gossip about opposite sex of interest. I was researching and chatting with my friend which also share interest about firearms down to technical details and even how to improve them.

I also share belief of your that newbie should do ton of research and reading before they can ask or comment on anything.

But i'm far from newbie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anderson and bushmaster have very big difference in quality and quality control from my first hand experince. Bushmaster was head and shoulder better. The barrel bushmaster was head and shoulder better than doublestar in term of quality.

Thinking i suffer from "not knowing what they don't know" only tell me that you actually might be one to suffer from such thing.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast