Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help on BCM markings

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post
    Sound like your experience with bushmaster is during time where they were terrible, taken over by cerbus if i remember right. My experience with bushmaster is actually few samples like maybe 4 (not including barrel in my beater build) separate completely perfectly fine bushmaster ar15. One of them was very old. The rest is very recent. (had once experience with carbon-15 pos but that doesnt count)

I personally have used non f marked fsb barrel with flat top and f marked with carry handle and never had issue, sure the post sit bit high and bit low in each but no problem zeroing. I use battlezero.

The machining is critical i had experience with anderson upper which was machined off axis. Terrible experince. The receivers of bushmaster is well machined and in spec. That's very relevant. My point really is that bushmaster is solid base to start on. Replace the barrel if needed and bcg then usual changes everybody do then you are golden.

Whats your sample size of "POS bushmaster" that you had experience with?

I will give some back story here for reference.

The upper was advertised as a BCM 11.5". BCM does not offer heavy barrel SBR's and I have no use for such heavy pigs. The FSB looks like a sh*t plastic mold with deformed "ears" and no F marking. Sure I could twist my post up more to compensate but that is not what I want to do and that is not a proper FSB for a flattop upper. The quality of the barrel is without a doubt in question and I'm not building a hobby gun, if it isn't a known quantity(like mil spec) it isn't worth my time. Changing the barrel is something I neither have the time, tools, or knowledge to do with any confidence. If the factory BCG can't be trusted then again, I have no time for it. I'm not starting into AR's and I'm not starting a build. I'm looking for out of the box ready to use uppers to pin to a quality lower. If you have to f*ck with it out of the box to make it run or be reliable then it's junk.

MM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    By base i mean the receivers and rest of small parts expect for buffer and buffer spring.

I understand the essential that bcg and barrel is but they are hardly a base compared to the receivers. Those parts are going to get replaced anyway its only fine to have it much sooner for such valid reason such as not being up to snuff. Just like springer 1911 is solid base being frame and slide. Alot folks replace barrel from get-go and some small parts for better quality and peak performance.

Bushmaster is indeed a solid base.

Apparently ar15 folks arent too familiar with the concept or maybe its particular to you.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    <snip>I have come to that his experience with ar-15 or guns isnt too far above mine.

Im only 23 but <snip>
    IG has been working professionally on ARs about as long as you've been alive. Just stop while you're ahead.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Aha so i see. Look like you have better grasp on bushmaster quality than mine.

Seem that my experince with few bushmaster have been nothing but luck of draw.

But I still stand by my statement being bushmaster as solid base to start off on. Particularly to their receivers and small parts with expectations of buffer+buffer spring.

Replace barrel and bolt if bolt carrier gas key is staked well. Then buffer+buffer spring for heavier buffer and springco. Then the usual aftermarket trigger and freefloating it. Then you are golden.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    IG has been working professionally on ARs about as long as you've been alive. Just stop while you're ahead.
    Except he was never ahead. He doesn't even realize how far behind IG he is.

Millennials... Aren't they cute?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Roger that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was not calling him out, I asked that question base off my curiosity and suspecting that his negative experience was around time where bushmaster was at their worse after cerbus take over. Ever since he have turned his nose at them not seeing how they have improved ever since.

If i was calling somebody out it would be clear and probably involing outright calling BS and requesting proofs. If i dont do so i'm not calling them out but quenching some questions i have on mind.

Thinking that i have only worked with 4-5 ar15 is so far from fact. I personally own about that much. Look at the time! Golly look like its time for little drumming on my drum!

I have read IG's forum signature and knowing that his experince with gun is actually much more than what he listed. Even after all that. I have come to that his experience with ar-15 or guns isnt too far above mine.

Im only 23 but I shot my first gun at 8 and ever since my knowledge and experience with gun have been steep curve. At 13-15 I was hand fitting parts in my norinco 1911 made out of 5100 god steel. Helping and sometime take over my dad on his little gun cleaning and gunsmithing gigs on weekend and summer. While other kids play sports and gossip about opposite sex of interest. I was researching and chatting with my friend which also share interest about firearms down to technical details and even how to improve them.

I also share belief of your that newbie should do ton of research and reading before they can ask or comment on anything.

But i'm far from newbie.
    So you have or have not seen a sample size of 500+ bushmasters to base your recommendation on ?
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    By base i mean the receivers and rest of small parts expect for buffer and buffer spring.

I understand the essential that bcg and barrel is but they are hardly a base compared to the receivers. Those parts are going to get replaced anyway its only fine to have it much sooner for such valid reason such as not being up to snuff. Just like springer 1911 is solid base being frame and slide. Alot folks replace barrel from get-go and some small parts for better quality and peak performance.

Bushmaster is indeed a solid base.

Apparently ar15 folks arent too familiar with the concept or maybe its particular to you.
    So the advice that you're giving is to purchase a Bushmaster and then replace the suspect parts? Why wouldn't you just recommend a gun that's good to go from the start?

Us "AR15 people" can see through your analogies and stories. You own Bushmaster(s), big whoop. A large percentage of people here have one somewhere in the safe, myself included. Understanding what they are, and especially what they aren't, is the failure of your argument.

This isn't FB, TOS or the break room at work. Accepting the fact that one isn't The go to gun guy here that everybody comes to with questions will allow you to benefit from being a member.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Redacted... Forgot what site I was on.
    Last edited by Flankenstein; 09-19-16 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not millennial... I'm last of gen x buddy.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast