Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Military Arms Channel uploaded a pretty shameless smear of a Knight's Armament can.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I didnt see any smear, his video accurately depicts the can and what we already know and expect from it. Its probably not for your average consumer, but its wasnt designed for the average guy either. Im just happy many of their products are available to the civilian market.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    I didnt see any smear, his video accurately depicts the can and what we already know and expect from it. Its probably not for your average consumer, but its wasnt designed for the average guy either. Im just happy many of their products are available to the civilian market.

It doesn't accurately depict anything.

It discusses one of several aspects of silencer performance while not discussing other benifits of this particular silencer, while coming to a false conclusion the silencer is overpriced.

POI shift is more important that sound reduction for anybody that does serious shooting.

Having to adjust for bad POI shift is annoying and costs time and money through wasted ammo trying to get dialed in.

A 2-3 dB difference does not matter to anyone accept in a laboratory.

I can take all leading silencers and place a blindfolded bystander 50 feet away and he wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
    Last edited by scottryan; 09-27-16 at 15:25.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    I think you guys are taking one man's opinion too personally. I ain't no big time operator so really who cares if MAC liked the KAC can or not unless it is to bolster your own opinion that you made the right choice. If you have one and you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I can take all leading silencers and place a blindfolded bystander 50 feet away and he wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
    Pretty much the only thing he could tell you is which one sounds the best.

(It wouldn't be KAC...)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    It doesn't accurately depict anything.

It discusses one of several aspects of silencer performance while not discussing other benifits of this particular silencer, while coming to a false conclusion the silencer is overpriced.

POI shift is more important that sound reduction for anybody that does serious shooting.

Having to adjust for bad POI shift is annoying and costs time and money through wasted ammo trying to get dialed in.

A 2-3 dB difference does not matter to anyone accept in a laboratory.

Saying it costs more than cans that meter at lower decibels is not accurate? Saying cerakote burns off a can at high temp isn't accurate? The only thing in the video I saw that was inaccurate was saying the vented shroud on the can was a milled texture instead of the welded on sleeve that it is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1) It would have been an extra ten rounds and two minutes to print a pair of groups suppressed and unsuppressed and compare the two.

2) I was surprised at how gassy it was. Aren't loud cans supposed to push "low blowback" as a trade-off?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Didn't look any gassier than my NT4, he did say he was running some non spec bolt assembly made just for suppressed rifles.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    Saying it costs more than cans that meter at lower decibels is not accurate? Saying cerakote burns off a can at high temp isn't accurate? The only thing in the video I saw that was inaccurate was saying the vented shroud on the can was a milled texture instead of the welded on sleeve that it is.

They are truthful but incomplete statements.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Not only that, but his comments that POI shift doesn't really matter or that none of his cans have POI shift just demonstrates his lack of understanding.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Just another Youtooober, looking for clicks, ratings, followers, and $$$$$.

I watch videos to get a look at the weapon and occasionally pay attention to what the person is saying (MrGunGear being an example of someone who I'll listen to), but the sample size of one being tested means nothing scientifically for the 'torture tests" and I keep my own counsel on what I deem good for me and mine.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast