Thread: Hello from FL

Feedback Score

Hello from FL

Hi all, I just purchased my first AR and I am awaiting it's delivery to my local FFL sometime this week. It's a colt AR6721, and I am very excited. I'm more familiar with bolt actions and revolvers, but I have always wanted one of these and with the elections so close I figured I better buy one now, or it may be hopeless later.

I hope to learn a lot from experienced owners and will be thoroughly searching the forums for any questions.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Good morning! What part of FL are you in? Panhandle? Lots of M4C members in FL, and we may be having a get together next month.

Glad you see you here, and hope you learn everything there is for these gun gurus to teach.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    With these upcoming elections, you did the right thing. And went with a reputable manufacturer to boot.

Welcome to M4C, and remember, if Euro offers the punch, stay away.

ETA: In all serious, Euro is one of M4C's more experienced guys. His brashness is just an added benefit.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-20-16 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the welcome! I have this forum to thank for narrowing down my purchase. It came down to the Spikes Tactical St-15, Colt 6920, and 6721. The final deciding factor was which online shop had what firearm for the best deal, and had enough in stock to wait for a money order payment. The 6721 won out. I've been lugging around a 7+ lbs .308 hunting rifle for a while, so I figured the HBar weight shouldn't be anything new to me.

I'm currently located in Lake City, FL. Just moved up here from Orlando about 6 months ago. Where are the M4C members meeting up?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicsmurf View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! I have this forum to thank for narrowing down my purchase. It came down to the Spikes Tactical St-15, Colt 6920, and 6721. The final deciding factor was which online shop had what firearm for the best deal, and had enough in stock to wait for a money order payment. The 6721 won out. I've been lugging around a 7+ lbs .308 hunting rifle for a while, so I figured the HBar weight shouldn't be anything new to me.

I'm currently located in Lake City, FL. Just moved up here from Orlando about 6 months ago. Where are the M4C members meeting up?
    Meeting at the Volusia County Gun and Hunt club on the third Sunday in Oct. it's a bit of a haul from Lake city but it's a good shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Great choice and good to see a fellow Floridian. We work out of the space coast down to Ft Lauderdale if you are ever on this side come run and gun with us.
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the welcome guys. If I am ever in your area I'll drop you a line.
    I just picked up my 6721 today, and honestly I am pleased at how light it is. I'm used to carrying around a medium barrel .308, and the 6721 is so much lighter. Nice balance too.
    So I usually clean my bolt rifles with rem oil and hoppes. I'm not sure if that's good for the Colt. Any advice on that is welcome.
    I'm also looking into getting extra mags.
    I think folks here said that these were gtg:
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15...f.htm?CartID=1