Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pretty cool, nice job.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Called the Vltor Freedom Rail
    https://www.vltor.com/shop/ar/handgu...-freedom-rail/

DSG Arms just had a sick sale on the 15" but the sold out ASAP. I would expect a high quality handguard though.
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Almost a year later this gun is still chugging along, although it hasn't been used for too much. Her dad took it out to a carbine class and got a lot of interesting looks but it ran fine for 8 hours and 500 rounds.

Regarding the VLTOR handguard, it's a toss up on quality. The two or three I've installed for customers have all gone on without a hitch but I bought a 12" for myself and the anti-rotation ears were misaligned and caused the top rail to sit oriented 3-4 degrees left of the upper. It wasn't a huge deal because I already planned on modifying this rail to work with an adjustable gas block, so I filed the inside of one of the tabs until the top rail aligned with the upper. If I were looking for another inexpensive handguard it probably wouldn't be VLTOR.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    If I were looking for another inexpensive handguard it probably wouldn't be VLTOR.
    Honestly I haven't found a reason to use anything other than ALG for an inexpensive handguard, especially if a color change is in the mix, you can score some of their purple rails for dirt cheap.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

A lightweight rifle for a friend's daughter

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Honestly I haven't found a reason to use anything other than ALG for an inexpensive handguard, especially if a color change is in the mix, you can score some of their purple rails for dirt cheap.
    For some reason as of late Troy Bravos have been uber cheap on the E&E. picked up a 12" for $50, just saw a similar deal. One piece and sturdy, and I think the one I have has 4 bolts that do a good job of lock up on the mil spec barrel nut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12