Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upper wear concern?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Upper wear concern?

20160919_135417_resized.jpg20160919_135302_resized.jpgIm gonna try to upload a couple pics of my upper. Its a 2A Armament light version. I run it with a Spikes lower. I'm shooting myself in the foot for not getting a matched set of either one. That for now is somewhat irrelevant.
    Anyway there's some wear right along where the BCG rides. As you will see, the upper part of the upper. Two questions, Is the wear normal? And is the location normal?
    NOTE*....If the wear appears deep, it thankfully is not. I believe it's mainly the paint, perhaps a minute amount more.
    Thanx ahead for any insight. ............Also, this gun so far shoots quite well, so no problems there. I just want it to stay that way..........

M4CARBINE ROCKS.

I added more pics
    Last edited by ty50; 09-20-16 at 05:13. Reason: upload more pics

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Is the wear inline with the cam pin track or is it where the charging handle rides?

Can't tell much by picture other than it appears to be the entire length of the upper. That would leave me to believe that you should check the front of your carrier for any thing funky. Should be a corresponding shiny spot somewhere. Maybe check that your receiver extension is giving the carrier a straight shot back as well.

My gut reaction is "It's fine" but you never know. Any more pics?

Feedback Score
    Looks like where the cam pin rides, what is the approx round count on that?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My gut reaction is also to say "dude, it's fine".

Maybe I'm missing something???
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 09-19-16 at 21:05.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are you talking about the wear where the charging handle rubs on the upper receiver?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    thanks for replies, I will get better pics up because its on both sides, more on one side but both sides, when I get a min, I will get better pics up.

thanks again

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ty50 View Post
    20160919_135302_resized.jpgIm gonna try to upload a couple pics of my upper. Its a 2A Armament light version. I run it with a Spikes lower. I'm shooting myself in the foot for not getting a matched set of either one. That for now is somewhat irrelevant.
    Anyway there's some wear right along where the BCG rides. As you will see, the upper part of the upper. Two questions, Is the wear normal? And is the location normal?
    NOTE*....If the wear appears deep, it thankfully is not. I believe it's mainly the paint, perhaps a minute amount more.
    Thanx ahead for any insight. ............Also, this gun so far shoots quite well, so no problems there. I just want it to stay that way..........

M4CARBINE ROCKS.
    Subject matter expert may correct me on this, but I'll give my completely worthless opinion anyway.

That wear looks completely normal, and it appears on surface areas that it should appear on. You will probably notice wear areas on the finish of your bolt carrier in the corresponding locations which is also completely normal.

The bolt carrier has simply burnished through the anodizing inside the upper from reciprocation. Nothing to worry about that I see.

My advice is to keep it well lubricated, feed it good ammunition, and shoot it frequently. Shoot it for fun, shoot it to train, take classes with it, take it to matches. Clean as needed, and re lubricate. Rinse and repeat as your budget allows for good ammunition.

Feedback Score
    Round count?

Do you even lube bro?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That looks like a ton of wear, honestly. Easily in the 10-15K round area. I have 5K rounds on my DDM4, and it looks nothing like that.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Upper wear concern?

I'm with WS6. I have 9k through one of my rifles and it doesn't have that type of wear. Neither does any of my other rifles with between 3-6k rounds. But I run my rifles wet.

Looks excessive to me.
    Last edited by Mustang31; 09-23-16 at 08:16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast