Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upper wear concern?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you're running an enhanced BCG with a billet upper it's possible to have this occur from such a tight fit. How easily does the BCG move when you cycle it by hand? I've ended up moving a certain E-BCG to a forged upper simply because the tolerances were so precise on it and a billet upper, that it actually had "sticktion" in its range of travel.

First world problems...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I definitely want to second the comments suggesting that the depicted wear looks excessive. Looks like that upper has seen multiple thousands of rounds. How does the carrier ride? Does it feel like its binding anywhere when you hand cycle the rifle? Also, i disagree with the assertion that the wear patterns correspond with where the cam pin rides. Though its somewhat difficult to tell from the pictures, it looks like the wear is due to quite a bit of friction between the top two "rails" where the carrier "rails" and the upper "rails" touch...if that makes sense. It may be just fine, down the road, but I've never seen such extensive wear, in that area, in a new upper.

Feedback Score

THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoe View Post
    I definitely want to second the comments suggesting that the depicted wear looks excessive. Looks like that upper has seen multiple thousands of rounds. How does the carrier ride? Does it feel like its binding anywhere when you hand cycle the rifle? Also, i disagree with the assertion that the wear patterns correspond with where the cam pin rides. Though its somewhat difficult to tell from the pictures, it looks like the wear is due to quite a bit of friction between the top two "rails" where the carrier "rails" and the upper "rails" touch...if that makes sense. It may be just fine, down the road, but I've never seen such extensive wear, in that area, in a new upper.
    THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES, I tinker a lot and that upper has been with several bcgs. so with an expensive upper, I will stick to 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12