Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Highest quality M-lok rail?

Feedback Score

Highest quality M-lok rail?

All I have experience with are the Midwest rails. Out of ignorance I purchased them due to their outstanding looks. I should have looked deeper. Can't say I like a rail that needs to be glued on. Mine also have no anti-rotation feature aside from the gastube. Not a fan. So I'd like to find a free float which features both anti-rotation and hopefully interconnects with the barrel nut to prevent pulling loose. Light weight preferred but not required over secure. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Geissele MK8 and KAC URX4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you don't want to spend the $ on a KAC or Geissele then check out the ALG EMR. Very robust, well though out design.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Geissele, Centurion, etc.

C4

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    how's the noveske mlok nsr rail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    • Geissele SMR MK4/MK8.
    • KAC URX 4 M-LOK
    • V Seven Weapons Enlightened M-LOK (2099 construction)
    • Mega Arms/Hodge Defense WedgeLock (7075 construction, with 2099 promised for the Hodge Defense variants)
    • Centurion Arms CMR M-LOK
    • ALG Defense V1/V2/V3 M-LOK

I've heard good things about the SLR ION series, but there just isn't very much data on them for hard use. From people I trust. On the flip side, Steve Fisher is pretty fond of the Midwest Industries G3 series, so... yeah. G2 had its issues, but I've not heard anything negative about the G3 besides the intrinsic design issues of lightweight rails in general.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 09-21-16 at 11:33.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    On the flip side, Steve Fisher is pretty fond of the Midwest Industries G3 series, so... yeah. G2 had its issues, but I've not heard anything negative about the G3 besides the intrinsic design issues of lightweight rails in general.
    Is the gen3 slip proof or just glued on? I don't trust glue over time without threads. They are my favorite rail otherwise. Time to go Youtubein. Lots of options to look into guys, thanks.

Feedback Score
    I only own a Geissele MK8 rail and KAC URX MLOK, both on SBRs and they are really nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserTag View Post
    Is the gen3 slip proof or just glued on? I don't trust glue over time without threads. They are my favorite rail otherwise. Time to go Youtubein. Lots of options to look into guys, thanks.
    They still say you should use adhesive, though people have installed it without using adhesive and claimed that its held up, which is something that the G2 can't really say; the torque plate offers several features, as listed below.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    The torque plate serves multiple functions (it is made from 4140 steel)
    1 when tightening the hand guard on to the barrel nut it limits the amount the hand guard can be compressed to the nut .
    2 the torque plate engages the upper to keep the handguard from rotating .
    3 the torque plate hooks to the back of the barrel nut keeping the hand guard from sliding off the front of the nut .
    4 the torque plate also helps align the hand guard during installation . There is no longer a need to time out the barrel nut.
    Hope this answers your question.
    Troy
    MI
    Here's what they say about the adhesive:
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    We recommend using it as it makes for a very bullet proof installation. We include it with the hand guard.We have tested with out using it and had no issues but since most everyone does not remove their hand guards once they are installed .We say use it.
    Troy
    MI
    Either way, the Midwest Industries rails compete primarily with ALG on my list, everything else is quite a bit more expensive, but also more rugged and/or more refined; Midwest Industries makes nice enough stuff, but they're hardly what you'd call the "highest quality".
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 09-21-16 at 13:13.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    The new Daniel Defense rail is amazing. A stand alone rail should be out soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast