Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Highest quality M-lok rail?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I have both the EraThr3 and SMOS Arms rails, and love them. The SMOS is the GFY and there's is a roll pin on receiver and rail to prevent it from rotating. Both are higher priced than MI but I feel they're better rails.
    I will be building another rifle as a family gun and I'm going with a Geissele MK4. I had contemplated the MI as I want this to be somewhat of a budget build but doing research the MI is budget in quality as well as price. After having several "pinch tab" style rails I won't ever again, even with a torque plate.
    Last edited by sgtbutt; 09-27-16 at 04:50.
    I digitally inserted Jaba the Hutt into the original Star Wars-Eric Cartman

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFighter98 View Post
    Geissele is far superior to BCM. Way better barrel nut.
    I own both and install both. "Way Superior" is not accurate (especially when you figure in cost).

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserTag View Post
    As in it can't move forward because it's locked in place.
    Yes. The two cross bolts interface with grooves in the the barrel nut preventing any movement forwards or backwards.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wonder if SMOS is making EraThr3's handguards? I have one as well (on my lightweight build) and I really like it. BTW, I was going to pick up an SMOS for my last build but they went and raised their prices so I passed.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    I'm using one of the newer Midwest Industries rails and am liking it. For my application (11.5" upper), the barrel nut attachment is not an issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    I'm using one of the newer Midwest Industries rails and am liking it. For my application (11.5" upper), the barrel nut attachment is not an issue.
    Just got two. They are an improvement over gen 2 without question. The fde rail has a high number of small unpainted spots on the little divits however. Hate that.

Feedback Score
    The MI rail is plenty strong. I let my optic mount hang over a tiny bit to act as an anti rotation measure. No, it won't affect my zero.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123