Thread: My first Build from the bottom up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My first Build from the bottom up.

I was looking to build a rifle I could use for varmint hunting and a build I could use if I ever decide to run some three gun competitions.

The build started with a S&W M&P 15 lower I had purchased several years back.

-18" 223 wylde 1-7" twist barrel from PSA
    -Nikon Prostaff 3-9x 40mm
    -Primary arms one piece scope mount
    -DPMS LPK
    -Geissele 2 stage trigger
    -SI charging handle
    -SI j-comp
    -Matrix Arms 15" free float Handgaurd
    -Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard
    -Magpul ACS-L Stock
    -PSA Nitrate BCG
    -MI Keymod Covers
    -Caldwell Harris look a like Bipod
    - Geissele low profile gas block
    -Anderson lightweight upper

Build started out with a ACE skeleton stock but like some mentioned in a earlier thread provided a poor cheek weld and I switched it out for the ACS-L and couldn't be more pleased.

I have been able to work up some loads that hover around 1 MOA for hunting purposes and have probably put close to 500 rounds without a failure. Let me know what you guys think and maybe some suggestions/improvements I can work on in the future.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks great! I built one similar and kept the Ace stock on it. The foam cover fits me well and provides me a great, consistent cheek weld and as an added bonus, whilst using Dueck off-set BUIS I simply 'roll the rifle' for close-in engagements and yet maintain the SAME cheekweld.

You know you can buy that foam in different diameters (and colors) to custom adjust the height to fit YOU, don't you? I get it from build your fishing rod suppliers ...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    Looks great! I built one similar and kept the Ace stock on it. The foam cover fits me well and provides me a great, consistent cheek weld and as an added bonus, whilst using Dueck off-set BUIS I simply 'roll the rifle' for close-in engagements and yet maintain the SAME cheekweld.

You know you can buy that foam in different diameters (and colors) to custom adjust the height to fit YOU, don't you? I get it from build your fishing rod suppliers ...
    The ace stock is moving over to my 9mm glock mag build which will be the fiancées defense rifle. The LOP on the entry stock with the extension is perfect for her. Do you have a link too the extra foam peices. Not sure what color scheme I'm going to go to for the build but it would look better with color matched foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought from a local surf fishing store that also makes custom rods. I think on-line rod building sources would be feathercraft.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm sure those varmints would disagree but, looks like a really nice build.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Wow. Looks great. Appears to work better.

Feedback Score
    Looks legit! I really like the acs stock too. I've been thinking about switching out a Bcm stock on my recent spr build.