Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Painting AK wood?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RallySoob View Post
    sum1 needs to make a sticky for modding an AK the right way with a list of parts that aren't garbage, for those of us new to the AK world. Pretty sure I dumped a good 150$ on parts I won't be using

For starters, just put Templar's parts list up...
    amen, with clickable links!
    "Never give up... Never surrender"
    -Jason Nesmith

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    damn templar, where were you when I said I ordered the UTG rail man? the ultimak upper rail looks like the lo-pro goodness... I got another Trijicon Tr21 to put on my AK but think I will be trading it out for an EOTech 553 instead since the aK has no pin point accuracy. Forward mounted HWS is always the fastest. Anyway, wonder what else your hiding from me...

txs for the link btw

Well......dude, you ordered that stuff before you even asked anyone's opinion here.....and by the time you did, I wasn't going to shit on your choices.

Next time, just search first, and if you don't see something, ask.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    damn templar, where were you when I said I ordered the UTG rail man? the ultimak upper rail looks like the lo-pro goodness... I got another Trijicon Tr21 to put on my AK but think I will be trading it out for an EOTech 553 instead since the aK has no pin point accuracy. Forward mounted HWS is always the fastest. Anyway, wonder what else your hiding from me...

txs for the link btw

Eotecs are too tall for AK's, they are a poor choice.

Aimpoints such as the T-1 microcan co-witness and give a true cheek-weld.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Well......dude, you ordered that stuff before you even asked anyone's opinion here.....and by the time you did, I wasn't going to shit on your choices.

Next time, just search first, and if you don't see something, ask.

Indeed I did. I'm an impatient person... Do consider posting a sticky of your practical parts list and as mentioned above, add some links. I'm actually somewhat satisfied with my UTG rail. It's of higher quality than I expected. The rails are not milspec, but other than that it seems very solid and should hold zero fine. The pistol grip is better than factory imo so haven't wasted as much $ as I thought... Txs for your help anyway temp

Inbound:

Transparent 30rnd + 5rnd mags
    Composite Stock
    Scope Rail
    A2 style FH
    Magpul ladder & new style covers
    Black Jack Safety lever
    Bobro VFG
    not sure which scope yet. SPR or RDS/HWS. Sure wish the EOtech would c0-witness. Might get a micro... Considering Pride fowler or sight dr instead <talk me out of it

+next week Im gonna do the vltor tube with milspec CTR. I need the QD capability, wanting to run a vickers

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thumbs up

I'm running that PG too, much improved over the stock version for my meathooks and nice storage in the grip.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Okami099 View Post
    I'm running that PG too, much improved over the stock version for my meathooks and nice storage in the grip.
    I noticed there is lots of storage room but mine did not come with a plug. did yours?

Any other AK47 must-haves like the advanced safety switch? what am I missing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12