Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TALK ME OUT OF A ZT

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    For that money I'm in the sebenza camp also.

I don't see the value in the colored fasteners for the price. The wharncliffe blade is a limiter also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Completely agree with this. At $400 its time to move up to the next notch in knives. The limited edition ZTs and the gold class benchmades are nice knives but they pale in comparison to a CR, Strider, or William Henry.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)

TALK ME OUT OF A ZT

You should try to get it. If you do and love it, fine. If you don't, sell it for 600 and but a Hinderer/Sebenza/SnG/VECP and a case of 9mm.

The only thing I like about the ZT over the Hinderer is I have not had great luck with S35vn and I do like M390. Edge will last longer, but it will be harder to sharpen.

Last edited by jstalford; 09-23-16 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Completely agree with this. At $400 its time to move up to the next notch in knives. The limited edition ZTs and the gold class benchmades are nice knives but they pale in comparison to a CR, Strider, or William Henry.
    How many LE ZT's have you owned or handled? They are quality, but don't compare them to other knives, because there is no comparison. What is worth it to you, may not be worth it to me. Let the dude spend the money on what he wants. Hell, I was tempted to walk out of a store with this:

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    How many LE ZT's have you owned or handled? They are quality, but don't compare them to other knives, because there is no comparison. What is worth it to you, may not be worth it to me. Let the dude spend the money on what he wants. Hell, I was tempted to walk out of a store with this:
    I'm sorry, what?? The title of the thread is "TALK ME OUT OF A ZT"

Feedback Score
    If you folks really guarantee that it will actually go up in value if it's never used or carried, I will definitely try to get one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I'm sorry, what?? The title of the thread is "TALK ME OUT OF A ZT"
    It's "talk me out of a ZT", not "ZT's aren't worth it, buy a Sebenza"

Quote Originally Posted by BallisticHarmony View Post
    If you folks really guarantee that it will actually go up in value if it's never used or carried, I will definitely try to get one.
    That's up to you. Knives are not good investments, but LE ZT's have a history of sky-rocketing once they are not longer available. If you want to have your mind blown, look up the ZT 0777 and ZT 0888 secondary market prices.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    It's not a guarantee. The knife market is kind of in the crapper now. But I can almost guarantee you don't lose money.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    I was a die hard benchmade fan for years , but then i bought the zt 900 and i was so impressed with that i bought a 450 and 808 ... i love how smooth the bearings are . They are as close to a custom high dollar knife that u can get out a production folder i think . And for thr record yes i like them more than the sebenza.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Carried a Benchmade Contego every day for years. Finally just got rid of that to start carrying a ZT 450 and couldn't be happier.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I broke tip tip off my ZT. They would give me new blade for $30. I decided I'm just going to try to reshape it. Mine is that SDK version and I think the profile is just too pointy.

http://www.skdtac.com/searchresults.asp?Search=ZT

"This special edition ZT knife is only available at SKD, and each blade features a unique 3 digit serial number sequence. We ask that anyone planning on buying this knife actually use it- don't be a Nancy and make this a pocket queen. If we see any of these out there without any actual signs of real use, we will revoke your tough-guy card and reclaim our product in the dead of night."

That I do/did... but that 1/4" of tip just snapped like glass. I think the regular profiles and full thickness blades would be much less prone to that even with same profile.

Other than that.... I really like it. I would get another but lean towards any of the more rounded, non-pointy, versions instead. Unlike what you are looking at.

So, yeah, I can talk you out of that knife real easy. If you use it, you will probably break the point. If you buy it for investment I can't help you. I tend to use the things I spend my money on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast