Thread: Brainstorming mass casualty/ active shooter

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Brainstorming mass casualty/ active shooter

A couple nights ago I was searching Netflix for something to watch and ran across London Has Fallen. Not my first pic but I figured at the worst I would get to watch Gerard Butler expend absurd amounts of ammunition slaughtering absurd amounts of ass holes. The movie was about as I expected, both in death toll and use of corny one liners. However, it presented what I thought was a pretty interesting idea.

Forget about trying to kidnap the president and slaughter him live on you tube... Let's talk mass casualty/active shooter on a level we've never seen before.

With our thousands of miles of open borders, unguarded shorelines and the hordes of unverified Muslim immigrants pouring in from war zones, I think it's s real possibility for something like this to be pulled off.

Imagine just a few hundred terrorists, armed well with some battlefield experience decide to attack a major US city (name one). Some disguised as police/fire/EMS. Hundreds could be killed, if not thousands before law enforcement could respond, not to mention it would likely result in Martial Law being declared.

Obviously the general idea of the movie got me thinking about it but also our current immigration situation and the relative ease of purchasing firearms. In a country like England arms would have to be purchased on the black market or snuck in, in the United States it's quite easy for a foreigner to purchase a firearm. I worked at an FFL for three years and was amazed at how easy it was for a foreigner to purchase a firearm. I don't remember exactly, but I believe all that was needed was a Visa and a Hunting license they could get for 20 bucks at Walmart.

So we're going to let hundreds of thousands of fighting age males into this country with no ability to actually verify who they really are, all of a religion whose primary goal is the destruction of the infidel, many who likely have battlefield experience... And we're going to give them the ability to buy guns.

Discuss...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I agree that Hollywood drives a great deal of the fear and concern over mass casualty, active shooter, EOTWAKI, SHTF scenarios that show up in gun forums.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I agree that Hollywood drives a great deal of the fear and concern over mass casualty, active shooter, EOTWAKI, SHTF scenarios that show up in gun forums.
    I agree.

I'll add, much is made as a cottage industry that caters to, and in essence promotes, said fears.

Feedback Score
    thanks a lot for this thread, you are right, theses people care little about their lives, they don't mind going down with 10-20 people accompanying them. they live for hurting the US gov, and people. and they is not fail safe plan to make sure this doesn't happen. when you think about you'll see that the people are not well protected. the country is more vulnerable than ever before. with the number Muslim immigrant flooding the country, this is bound to happen someday, they will become citizens and want equal right. and when it doesn't go they way it might turn into violence. we all should be prepared for this.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    So we're going to let hundreds of thousands of fighting age males into this country with no ability to actually verify who they really are, all of a religion whose primary goal is the destruction of the infidel, many who likely have battlefield experience... And we're going to give them the ability to buy guns.

Discuss...

Day late, dollar short?

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Sacco and Vanzetti
    American Civil War
    Red Scares
    Black Panther Party

On the last note, somebody stole a few hundred sticks of dynamite about 40 years ago in my neighborhood. Old cop lore has that the booby trapped dynamite is now buried about eight miles due west of my house. The bad guys used a few dozen sticks in various bombings until the chief bomb maker terminated himself while making a device.

We cyclically face what looks like existential threats to our cherished way of life. Most of them were real threats, but maybe not as serious as we feared. Others were catastrophic, like the Civil War. Fortunately, our relative prosperity and freedom wins out.

What I will not do is let myself get particularly exercised because of a Hollywood movie. Are a bunch of displaced Syrians a threat? Probably, but I am less sold they are a more organized threat than emigrating Mafiosi Italians or Greek Anarchists from earlier waves of immigration.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I guess we're on the same sort of page... I'm not saying so much that Hollywood is driving any sort of fear but rather that they likely presented us with a very realistic, at least in some ways, scenario, likely without even knowing it. The timing is at least appropriate given our current immigration situation.

Where as most movies (Red Dawn) for example, are directly based on actual current events and present the movie exactly as its meant, i.e., Russian invasion, with "London Has Fallen" I took a story line and really only pulled one thing from it, a mass casualty scenario involving a large coordinated attack by Muslim extremists on American soil. The place is different and the target is different, and most of te execution is vastly different than the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I guess we're on the same sort of page... I'm not saying so much that Hollywood is driving any sort of fear but rather that they likely presented us with a very realistic, at least in some ways, scenario, likely without even knowing it. The timing is at least appropriate given our current immigration situation.
    I must disagree. IMHO there is virtually nothing about Hollywood that isn't over the top. Real life is boring. I think it's fairly common for people to confuse the fantasy scenarios that Hollywood dreams up with the overwhelming likelihood that the extremes that they sell us would be vastly blunted as real life supervenes.