Thread: DD barrel question

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

DD barrel question

I'm looking for a new DD 14.5 mid length barrel with the factory pinned lpgb installed. I'm finding them out of stock everywhere. The same barrel in the LW profile is available. My question is; are the profiles the same from the chamber to the gas block & thinner on the LW past the gas block or is the LW barrel a "pencil" profile? Thanx

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The lightweight barrel is a pencil profile.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yes, it is "pencil" profile, however the profile behind the gas block is still very similar to the gov't profile of the "standard" barrel. The biggest difference in the LW is the profile past the GB. Unless you are running a suppressor on it, you may find you like the LW profile better for weight savings. There are many threads available on barrel profiles to read through.
    Last edited by Wolfpack45; 10-06-16 at 08:21.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket 442 View Post
    I'm looking for a new DD 14.5 mid length barrel with the factory pinned lpgb installed. I'm finding them out of stock everywhere. The same barrel in the LW profile is available. My question is; are the profiles the same from the chamber to the gas block & thinner on the LW past the gas block or is the LW barrel a "pencil" profile? Thanx
    No need to guess:
    dd_lw.jpg

https://danieldefense.com/14-5-5-56m...w-profile.html

They work & feel great.