Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK47 Aftermarket Barrel?

Feedback Score

AK47 Aftermarket Barrel?

Any1 know where I can find a more accurate higher quality bbl for my AK47? Having a hard time finding anything at all...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    It's highly likely that your current barrel is more accurate than you are. The AK isn't an AR, takes a little more than turning a wrench to change the barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    It's highly likely that your current barrel is more accurate than you are. The AK isn't an AR, takes a little more than turning a wrench to change the barrel.

Pretty sure these guns are just inaccurate. Sure would like to try my best to accurize it before I'm ready to really use it. I'm willing to bet this bbl is pretty old, the rest of the gun is anyway. From my experience a bbl can make a world of difference.

If this bbl is more accurate than I am, I may as well give up the hobby...
    If I had the power of predicatbility then I would head to the roulette table. Personaly, I am unable to tell if a bullet will randomly shoot L,R,U, or Down from zero

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    He's right though, AK barrels don't just swap around like AR barrels, and I don't think there's any known commodity to get an "accurized" AK barrel.

What kind of group were you getting that raised this question? The AK as a system -- including the barrel, sights, trigger, ammo, etc. -- isn't really known for accuracy, although its usually plenty good for combat purposes and probably better than most poeple expect.

Paging Templar; Templar please report to this thread, sir...
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    3"-6" is acceptable at 100 yards.

That WASR-10 has a new barrel in it.

The less people dick around with AK's, the better they run.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I know how to do the bbl swap. It's not too hard if you have an angle iron and a little know-how. The gun groups as it should or better but I'm about to scope it and I'm wanting it to be as accurate as possible!

I know it's not an AR and I understand there are several variables that make the AK inaccurate. I understand trying to modify it can mess with the tolerances and general functionality of the weapon.

Can I get it to shoot 2" groups or better. Am I dreaming?

Feedback Score
    btw would a bbl screw-on extension doing anything productive? I notice some people are running these

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I doubt you really want to get involved swapping barrels, and with an AK it is harldy a "swap," more a process. Chances are that the chrome lined barrel thats on that gun in fine. Get a bore light an look at the rifling, I doubt its shot out. Like others have said, 3-6"'s at 100yds is normal. Maybe better ammo, like something made in the U.S. with brass cases and HP bullet would help, just a thought.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1220 View Post
    I doubt you really want to get involved swapping barrels, and with an AK it is harldy a "swap," more a process. Chances are that the chrome lined barrel thats on that gun in fine. Get a bore light an look at the rifling, I doubt its shot out. Like others have said, 3-6"'s at 100yds is normal. Maybe better ammo, like something made in the U.S. with brass cases and HP bullet would help, just a thought.
    Thanks Bro, I guess I'm gonna have to live with it's 'inferiorness'

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wouldn't call it "inferiorness." The AK excels in theatres the AR doesn't, just like the AR excels in theatres the AK can't. Striking a balance between the two is difficult and usually expensive. For us laymens, I guess owning one of each will have to sufice as a "balance":-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast