Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purpose of skeletonized hammer on Beretta 92FS/M9

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The original elite hammer combined with a lighter hammer spring like the D spring would cause light strikes/failure to fires.

The Elite II skeletonized hammer was beefed up and solved the ignition reliability problems, even when used with a light hammer spring like the D spring.

I personally went with a nickel plated/inox Elite II skeletonized hammer for aesthetics.

The D spring is a fantastic upgrade as it greatly alleviates the seemingly endlessly long DA trigger pull by letting you pull through it that much more quickly. I was a skeptic, especially as a revolver shooter, until I got one on a whim.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Try some of the lighter weight wilson springs and you will be even more surprised.

The Beretta has a buttery smooth DA pull with these suckers installed. Im running a 12lb in my vertec with the factory hammer and wilson combat trigger bar with zero issues in 200 rounds of domestic produced ammunition. I wouldnt recommend it for serious use but for fun, man this 12 lb spring is kicking butt. Lets see if the reliability will last as the round count increases.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ran the Elite II & D spring with my M9 for years- 100% reliable. I like the ergonomics & look of that hammer.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just thinking outload, but if a lighter spring is used the original hammer would move slower and hit with less force.

Skeletonize the hammer and the speed increases and the hammer would then strike with the same force as the factory setup.

Other influences created could be the shorter lock time due to the hammer falling faster and then possible sooner unlocking of the barrel with the lighter spring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12