Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will changing your lower affect your zero

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    New stock may have different cheek (comb) height, more or less cast , i.e., affect on cheek position, more/less drop and/or length of pull. All of those stock factors affect the relationship of the "sighting triangle" formed between the shooting eye, cheek and forehand placement. Alter any of those and POINT OF IMPACT will change.

And THAT is why a gun sighted in for you ... may not be sighted in to the same point of impact or zero as for me!

Think about it ... for years shotgun & muskets shooters have been changing stock height/cast/cant, etc. to get their point of impact to move to where they want it (above or below, etc.). So too do competition shooters use highly adjustable stocks to configure the stock to their most consistent "Natural Point of Aim" position as possible ... so they are less likely to throw errant shots ... due to EXTERNAL influences.

Therefore, even if the 'base zero' for that switched upper may not change (personally I think the other factors are minimal when stalked against stock effects, w/ triggers maybe the 2nd most influential component) the POI sure as heck can!
    Last edited by Lefty223; 09-27-16 at 06:46.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123