Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Problem with Tavor? What am I missing?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippin' Jimmy View Post
    Are you shooting suppressed?

I don't but mine dumps some gas in my face on bolt lock back especially if there's no wind to dissipate it. A lot more than any gas during fire. I'm sure this is inherent to all bullpups so the MI and similar port covers may help some but probably won't totally eliminate it. I still plan on trying one anyway.
    I've got the MI cover on mine & it helps. I don't really notice anything when shooting unsuppressed. Suppressed is worse but IMO, not unbearable like some people seem to think. I guess it depends how sensitive a person may be.
    Yours is a lefty, correct? Or are you shooting a right handed Tavor left handed?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Are you shooting suppressed?

I don't but mine dumps some gas in my face on bolt lock back especially if there's no wind to dissipate it. A lot more than any gas during fire. I'm sure this is inherent to all bullpups so the MI and similar port covers may help some but probably won't totally eliminate it. I still plan on trying one anyway.
    I fired it unsuppressed both range trips thanksgiving week. It's the first time I have dealt with it without a suppressor. The gun was also cleaned and lubed before the first trip. I'm hoping it knocks it down pretty good after install, especially because I will be putting a few thousand more rounds down range the next few months, and one of those k is wolf. While on that topic, I had 5 failures to fire out of a 30-round magazine with the Wolf 62gr steel cased on my first trip. I know Wolf tends to use stout primers, and every one had a dimple in the primer but failed to go boom. I had zero issues after that magazine.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I've got the MI cover on mine & it helps. I don't really notice anything when shooting unsuppressed. Suppressed is worse but IMO, not unbearable like some people seem to think. I guess it depends how sensitive a person may be.
    Yours is a lefty, correct? Or are you shooting a right handed Tavor left handed?
    Mine is a lefty and I'm shooting it lefty also. It's good to know the MI port cover helps.

Honestly it isn't that big a deal depending on what factory ammo or powder I'm using. You probably remember a while back I posted a thread about powders and which are smokier. That was related to my Tavor for these reasons. I wouldn't recommend CFE223. H335, H322 and AA2230 seem to be the best.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine is a lefty and I'm shooting it lefty also. It's good to know the MI port cover helps.

Honestly it isn't that big a deal depending on what factory ammo or powder I'm using. You probably remember a while back I posted a thread about powders and which are smokier. That was related to my Tavor for these reasons. I wouldn't recommend CFE223. H335, H322 and AA2230 seem to be the best.
    I know we talked about it when you were shopping for one & I was fairly positive you found a lefty. I was just brain-fading a bit when I was responding to you.

I think the majority of the gas is just the proximity of the chamber to one's face while shooting. Not much to do about that. The MI cover on the other side does help though.

Side note... Remember the discussion about BAD developing safety selectors for the Tavor? I guess that never came to fruition. They ignored my last couple inquiries for an update. Bummer...
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I know we talked about it when you were shopping for one & I was fairly positive you found a lefty. I was just brain-fading a bit when I was responding to you.

I think the majority of the gas is just the proximity of the chamber to one's face while shooting. Not much to do about that. The MI cover on the other side does help though.

Side note... Remember the discussion about BAD developing safety selectors for the Tavor? I guess that never came to fruition. They ignored my last couple inquiries for an update. Bummer...
    Yep I remember that. A selection of several BAD style safety selectors would be nice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345