Thread: soft holster for back up or wrong idea

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

soft holster for back up or wrong idea

I have a duty bag (drive a desk these days) Maxpedition Fatboy that has seen better days. It needs to be replaced. it is actually coming apart but still good for the time being.

I used to keep my back up Shield 9 but stepped up to keep a G19 in the hidden pouch with two spare mags and a Glock 33 rounder in an outside pouch.

My bag is loaded out..meaning no more room. Got to thinking.....what if my primary goes down and I need to holster my G19....I have no room in the bag and don't want to keep (ruin) a kydex holster laying around in a hot texas vehicle (trunk).

I recall having a silly/cheap nylon holster for my G21 back in the early 90s but now.....that may be all the room I have.

So is there any recommendations for a ballistic nylon belt slide type holster as an extreme back up (if shouldering my bag is a no go)........or do you have a better idea?

or just shop at UM for a traditional snap cheapeee holster?

I plan on getting a newer (bigger) bag for my stuff I take daily to work but for now...just need an alternative holster or idea.

thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    My thought is if you have room for a cheap Uncle Mike's type holster, you have room for a Blade Tech Klipt. Injection molded plastic won't care about your heat.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    My bravo DOS survives San Antonio heat without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Have you looked at the raven vanguard?

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bighawk View Post
    Have you looked at the raven vanguard?
    I was looking for something that took up minimal room and the raven vanguard 2 is an excellent idea.

Hell I even have a similar kydex trigger guard snap cover in a small waist pack (fanny bag) but like the idea of the VG2.

thanks for the suggestions so far.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I was looking for something that took up minimal room and the raven vanguard 2 is an excellent idea.

Hell I even have a similar kydex trigger guard snap cover in a small waist pack (fanny bag) but like the idea of the VG2.

thanks for the suggestions so far.
    One of my vanguards has a piece of 550 cord looped through the bottom hole and tied to my gym bag so when I draw the gun from the pocket the vanguard pops off the gun and its ready for use.