Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
The Dr. gave me a colonoscopy and said everything looked pretty decent but there was obvious irritation to the bowel, got me taking Mercaptopurine and Budesonide. The downside of the medicine is that the Mercaptopurine dampens my immune system and my body's ability to heal, takes longer for cuts and other injuries to heal than before.
Hate to hear you're also a part of this glorious club. I'm on Imuran and Humira, which are supposed to alter my immune system as well, but I haven't noticed any significant weakening of it. I do, however, have to be very careful in the sun, as the Imuran tends to make people more susceptible to sun burn. Be thankful you're on Budesonide (Entocort) instead of Prednisone. The side effects are much more manageable. I hope all the surgeries that were coming up in previous posts went well. I'm going on a year out after my surgery, and everything is still going great. I know it probably won't last forever, but hopefully these meds can keep in under control without rearing some of their ugly side effects.