Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AIMPOINT PRO - General Question

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

AIMPOINT PRO - General Question

I chose the AR General Discussion thread because I thought the general nature of this question would be appropriate here.

I just zeroed my new Aimpoint PRO. The instructions said it was shipped centered so there shouldn't be too much adjustment required.

I pasted a 25yard zero target marked for a 100 yard zero on an IPSC target and fired a round to see where it was - it hit right on the left edge of the cardboard silouhette. I guesstimated it it and moved it right 62 clicks. The put me on the target - had to go back left 6 and up 8 then confirmed zero. Put an action pistol cardboard up at 100 and fine-tuned and confirmed in 10 shots. Then hit some metal at 200 after I figured my hold for the wind. So I'm happy.

I zeroed the rifle without that much adjustment with both irons and the previous optic I had on there, a Burris AR332, so pretty sure it isn't the rifle.

My general question is despite Aimpoint's claim, is it usual to have to move the windage that much?

Just for my peace of mind.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wouldn't sweat it if its zero'd.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    What mount are you using, assuming the QRP factory one.. And you are completely on the upper and not the handguard rail, correct? I have had to adjust one pretty heavily years back. But like mentioned above, if you have your zero and still have adjustment left on both ends, I wouldn't worry one bit about it. I would just check the rail and make sure there isn't anything between the mount and the rail that could make the optic not sit flush on the upper.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grantw1221 View Post
    I wouldn't sweat it if its zero'd.
    This.

That said, I've never had to move a scope or RDS 62 clicks!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    This.

That said, I've never had to move a scope or RDS 62 clicks!
    Well, actually 56, I went back 6.

It is zeroed, it is mounted on the receiver, not the tube, and it is solid.

We will see. I really liked that Burris reticle, but had a hell of a seeing it when using alternative shooting positions.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sounds like the windage wasn't centered. 56 clicks is a bunch on a PRO (28 inches at 100 yards!). Spin it all the way right until it stops. Then spin all the way left while counting clicks. Go back to right half of your click count.

Something is funky if you then require 56 clicks to get back on target. About all you can do is make sure the QRP2 is assembled correctly. Beyond that you'll have to pick up the telly.

Feedback Score
    I think when I zeroed my Pro it took less than 5 clicks to get it dead on, so it sounds like there is something abnormal. I'd have to leave it to people with more knowledge than me to offer a fix, though.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    That seems like a lot. So that makes me wonder if:

1. There is an issue with the QRP (how it is attaching to the receiver).
    2. Your receiver is canted.

One way to test it would be to mount it on another AR and see if you go back 50+ clicks to zero it.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    One way to test it would be to mount it on another AR and see if you go back 50+ clicks to zero it.

C4
    Duhh! Try it tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As was mentioned. Find your mechanical zero and see where you have to go from there. Adjust all the way left and count clicks to get all the way to the right. Dial back half as many clicks. If you call Aimpoint I'm willing to bet they suggest you check the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast