Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AIMPOINT PRO - General Question

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    Sounds like a lot of adjustment. My most recent zeroing was done with a trijicon MRO sitting on a Larue quick release mount and it took just a few clicks both ways to get it dialed in. As others have said recheck the mount to make sure it's sitting right. After that find center again and start over. In the end if it's zeroed and hitting where you want it then it's all good. However if the mount is not seated correctly then you run the risk of it getting bumped and being off when you go to use it again. So I would pull it all apart and start from scratch.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I zero'd my Pro in 4 clicks. But as everyone has said, find your mechanical zero, and try it again.

Last time I turned an optic more than 40 clicks, was a Barska, over a decade ago. Turned out, it came from the factory PRE-broke.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Did you buy it from a local shop or online? Was it still sealed in plastic? If it wasn't sealed, someone may have dicked with it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    Did you buy it from a local shop or online? Was it still sealed in plastic? If it wasn't sealed, someone may have dicked with it.
    No Aimpoint comes sealed in Plastic.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    Local Cabela's - love those points. It still had the tape seal on the box.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When I installed my PRO, I was amazed at how close it was out of the box. I think I might have moved it five or six clicks counting windage and elevation. (50 yard zero)

You might want to double check the mount. It's possible that someone may have tried an AD-QR mount or similar then remounted the ratchet.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    No Aimpoint comes sealed in Plastic.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I only have one pro and bought it from lgs.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Is the mount on the receiver only, or does it span across to the rail?
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The PRO I bought was NIB, it hadn't been opened. I checked tightness of everything before mounting.

Did not/does not span the receiver-rail interface, completely on receiver.

Shot it this morning on my rifle.

I was surprised at how close it shot to the same zero as it did on the carbine I had it on. Just for quickness sake I pulled into the plinking range, which is more shaded and protect from the wind - is is also oriented 90 to the bench rest line I normally sight in on.

No wind, different lighting, dead nuts on for elevation and maybe 2 clicks left - which doesn't surprise me because the wind was blowing cross range when I zeroed yesterday. Confirmed on a 100 yard plate.

So at this point, the best I can figure is that the quality assurance inspector at the factory forgot to run it back to center after checking windage movement. I guess. Anyways, all is good.

I'm still kicking myself in the rear, I had my rifle with me yesterday and didn't think to swap them around at that time.

Feedback Score
    Mine was low and left out of the box @ 25 yards, once dialed in it's held zero perfectly. I also had it on and off the gun a couple times to see if it would effect zero, it doesn't...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast