Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wanna see pics of the B&T APC308???

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Wanna see pics of the B&T APC308???

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The way it looks (cheap, "funky")
    Definitely not the case. If you get a chance to see one in person, you'll see why they're so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I don't get that vibe at all. I think it looks solid and purpose built. However, I will say that it would probably look even better as an SBR.
    Man I'd love an APC45 and the 9.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    The way it looks (cheap, "funky")
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I concur. It's not doing it for me aesthetically.

What's with the pistol grip? It looks like Mako.
    Boooooo... I'm voting you two off the show.

Man I'd love an APC45 and the 9.
    Me too. Particularly the 45 since that seems to be where the gap is in my collection.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 10-03-16 at 22:11.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm in for the 9 and 556.

We'll see what the final 308 config looks like

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The grip looks like it has an interchangeable back strap and front strap. I kinda doubt it's Mako.

Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Me too. Particularly the 45 since that seems to be where the gap is in my collection.
    I'm going with the CZ Bren instead of the APC556 only because I got a smoking deal on a pistol and FDE rifle in one shot(no pun intended). The only thing I kinda need is a suppressor to work with the APC45 set up.

I'm in for the 9 and 556.

We'll see what the final 308 config looks like
    Keep in mind they're to have some steep competition here soon, IWI is going to eventually release their Galil 308 as well.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I concur. It's not doing it for me aesthetically.

What's with the pistol grip? It looks like Mako.
    B&T does a lot of business with Israel and in those instances, they will put the MAKO (which is made in that country) on the gun. What the APC308 will come with as a grip is unknown. The great part though is that you should be able to use most any brand.

C4

Feedback Score
    Any idea on weight specs? It better be as light as the SCAR if it hopes to compete. Cheaper mags are nice, but I need a little more reason than that to buy one of these over a proven choice when they are at the same (or higher) price point. Hitting the market with a selection of barrel lengths that are actually available would be a good start... as would the ability to run a longer modular Keymod/Mlok handguard. Also if they're going to go with an HK-height stock like that, they really need a SCAR/556XI style cheek riser for that stock that allows the use of AR-height optics.
    Last edited by henschman; 10-04-16 at 10:27.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by henschman View Post
    Any idea on weight specs? It better be as light as the SCAR if it hopes to compete. Cheaper mags are nice, but I need a little more reason than that to buy one of these over a proven choice when they are at the same (or higher) price point. Hitting the market with a selection of barrel lengths that are actually available would be a good start... as would the ability to run a longer modular Keymod/Mlok handguard. Also if they're going to go with an HK-height stock like that, they really need a SCAR/556XI style cheek riser for that stock that allows the use of AR-height optics.
    Nothing firm. If we look at the APC556 (match), it weighs in at 8.8LBS (https://www.bt-ag.ch/shop/eng/bt-apc...ch-cal-233-rem) so my guess is that we would be around that number.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a SCAR. Too many issues. So if that is the "proven choice" I think I would look to something else (like the KAC SR25).

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henschman View Post
    I think you're right. SCAR 17s comes in at about a pound lighter, very reliable, and is quiet accurate with proper loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dobe View Post
    I think you're right. SCAR 17s comes in at about a pound lighter, very reliable, and is quiet accurate with proper loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a nice range toy.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast