Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Possible Walther PPQ purchase

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    All the M&P triggers suck, some more then others. I did the FSS kit with flat face trigger.

Now I have a flawless 4½ pound pull, very little take up & smooth as glass as well.
    Reset is Glock like, $154 on sale and with the price point of the S&W, I'm GTG.

PPQ is a great pistol, but the M&P has better Ergos for me + U.S. manufacturer.
    No, not ALL of the M&P triggers suck. My M&P40 and M&P40C have great stock triggers, made even nicer through use. My M&P45C did have a terribly heavy trigger. All that was needed to make the trigger AWESOME on the M&P45C was an Apex sear and striker block. Not expensive to buy, easy to install = magnificent trigger!

I wanted to (and tried to) like the PPQ and though the trigger was nice (after the long pre-travel), the ergos and shape/feel of the grip in my hand just weren't as good as the M&Ps and the SIG P320. Not bad, of course, just not as good. I also had an HK VP for a while, but the trough under the trigger irritated the heck out of my trigger finger so I sold the gun. Nice gun otherwise.

So, for me, the top of the game goes to M&P (perhaps with an easy sear replacement) and SIG P320. The grip feel, ergonomics, reliability, accuracy, and great trigger are all there with both of them for me.
    Last edited by DHart; 10-17-16 at 13:57.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Even if you get one that is on spec @ 6.5 lbs, they still have way to much pre travel
    compared to every other poly pistol out there.

I may be biased owning Glocks for 20 years, so........

I just ordered a M&P 9 Pro Series 5" gun. We'll see how the trigger is on that
    I'll post results when it comes in.
    Last edited by clarkz71; 10-17-16 at 13:13.
    Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Good to know, do they protrude or are they flush?
    The 20rd mags definite protrude. Going off memory...I'd estimate about 1/2" exposed metal. I would not keep these loaded in the PPQ, but would definitely keep accessible as a backup magazine. Personally, I can't imagine a situation in which I would need more than the initial 15 rds. But if I did, I'd rather have 20 more than 15 more.

When I was talking to the range owner, he didn't believe that these would work, so he pulled out his Canik rental from behind the counter, dropped the standard TP9 18rd magazine out, and clicked it in place in my PPQ. I don't remember looking closely, as I had no intention to purchase a lower capacity mag, but I think there was just the slightest break between the bottom of the pistol and the magazine base.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    Even if you get one that is on spec @ 6.5 lbs, they still have way to much pre travel
    compared to every other poly pistol out there.

I may be biased owning Glocks for 20 years, so........

I just ordered a M&P 9 Pro Series 5" gun. We'll see how the trigger is on that
    I'll post results when it comes in.
    I've read some people saying that you can have a better trigger on a standard M&P than on a Pro Series, at times. M&P triggers can be quite variable. But no worries!

Any M&P with a trigger you don't like is easily made great with just an Apex sear and striker block. Quick and easy. No need to buy a whole trigger kit or anything.
    Last edited by DHart; 10-17-16 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I shot a PPQ, M2 45acp this weekend at 15yrs and it's a tack driver. I actually thought it felt more like a 9mm. I'm glad I purchased two of them.
    You only get one shot to make a lasting impression. *** Make it a good one!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Not much needed but it'd be nice to see more support. I can't even find replacement base pads for mags listed, let alone small parts if needed. For sights 10-8/Dawson and Trijicon have choices. I bought the HD's but they really tear things up, with the shape of the slide it forces your hand right onto it. During cold start fun shoots I was shredding my hand. All in all a great pistol but it would be great to see more support. Here's a pic of the HD's installed on mine.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Your question is like choosing between a handjob and a kick in the nuts. PPQ all the way.

Marlton, Evesham Township, New Jersey USA
    Feedback Score
    Here's one more positive vote for the PPQ. I have a M2 Navy. After carrying Glocks(17, 22 and 35) for years, I was amazed at how much better the PPQ fit my hand, how much cleaner and crisper the factory trigger was, and how much more accurate I was with it. It's a great pistol.
    "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
    "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Love my M1 PPQ but the VP9 is a better made pistol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Love my M1 PPQ but the VP9 is a better made pistol.
    How do you arrive at this conclusion?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast