Thread: Possible Walther PPQ purchase

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    All the M&P triggers suck, some more then others. I did the FSS kit with flat face trigger.

Now I have a flawless 4½ pound pull, very little take up & smooth as glass as well.
    Reset is Glock like, $154 on sale and with the price point of the S&W, I'm GTG.

PPQ is a great pistol, but the M&P has better Ergos for me + U.S. manufacturer.
    No, not ALL of the M&P triggers suck. My M&P40 and M&P40C have great stock triggers, made even nicer through use. My M&P45C did have a terribly heavy trigger. All that was needed to make the trigger AWESOME on the M&P45C was an Apex sear and striker block. Not expensive to buy, easy to install = magnificent trigger!

I wanted to (and tried to) like the PPQ and though the trigger was nice (after the long pre-travel), the ergos and shape/feel of the grip in my hand just weren't as good as the M&Ps and the SIG P320. Not bad, of course, just not as good. I also had an HK VP for a while, but the trough under the trigger irritated the heck out of my trigger finger so I sold the gun. Nice gun otherwise.

So, for me, the top of the game goes to M&P (perhaps with an easy sear replacement) and SIG P320. The grip feel, ergonomics, reliability, accuracy, and great trigger are all there with both of them for me.
    Last edited by DHart; 10-17-16 at 13:57.