Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Walther PPQ purchase

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I bought the PPQ 45, and am really looking for an opportunity to pick up a couple more PPQ's in 9MM.

I've been a Glock guy for a while but when I had an itch for a .45, I could not like the G21/30, as much as I wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes, not liking things as much as you wanted to is a good thing.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I love my M1 PPQ. I really wish they made the 5" and the .45 PPQs with the M1 mag release along the trigger guard. I've grown quite fond of it on my PPQ and my classic PPS. Speaking of which, both of those pistols have been flawless. I'll probably pick up a .45 PPQ and another M1 in the near future.

Feedback Score

Possible Walther PPQ purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler5 View Post
    Sometimes, not liking things as much as you wanted to is a good thing.
    True enough.

My issue with Glock .45's was not the gun's function, it was the fact I couldn't get a good grip on them, especially when my hands got sweaty here in South Texas.

I love my 9MM and .40 Glocks. But as I have several of them, I'm thinking its time to expand my horizons. I was originally thinking P320, but after shooting a PPQ in 45, I'm thinking Walther may be the way I want to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So what is a good set of replacement sights for a PPQ, preferably with tritium?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Try 10-8 and Dawson trijicon makes some as well but I don't like the the way the rear is attached

Feedback Score
    I have a PPQ Navy and I am enamored with it. Can't find anything I don't like about it. I am left handed and my slide locks back everytime. I love the inherent accuracy this pistol, its almost uncanny. The trigger is very good as well as the quality of design and components. Compared to other poly striker fired pistols, the PPQ really does have them beat.

Feedback Score
    So what is a good set of replacement sights for a PPQ, preferably with tritium?
    There are a lot of good night sights out there. On my Walther P99 compact, which uses the same sights as the PPQ, I have Trijicon HD sights with a big orange front sight that shows great in the day and a tritium insert which glows at night. Over on the Walther forum people really like the Truglo TFX sight a lot.

I have Truglo TFO sights on two of my Glocks and love them. The TFX is supposed to be a bit tougher sight but I have been using and carrying the TFO equipped Glocks for over three years with no problem, and they aren't babied.

I've had night sight equipped guns for years, mostly Meps and Trijicon. All work but I like the ones like TFOs, TFX and Trijicon HD because they show up better during the day than do ordinary night sights. Personal opinion.

https://www.amazon.com/TruGlo-Tritiu.../dp/B0141PCRT6

https://www.amazon.com/Trijicon-Nigh...icon+hd+sights

Choosing a night sight for someone else is similar to choosing a pair of shoes for them. Might please them and might not. Good luck in your choice.

Feedback Score
    You guys that already have the pistol, how hard is it to find magazines?

Feedback Score
    Also, any suggestions on what would be a suppressor for it?

Feedback Score
    You guys that already have the pistol, how hard is it to find magazines?
    Not hard at all. I have three more M2 magazines coming from Brownell's right now. They aren't the least expensive place but I had a bunch of other items to order from them plus they had 5% off and free shipping this past weekend.

I've ordered PPQ mags from Tombstone Tactical, CDNN and Gun Magazine Warehouse and others.

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/

https://www.cdnnsports.com/catalogse...+ppq+magazines

http://gunmagwarehouse.com/catalogse...+ppq+magazines

These are just some. PPQ magazines, nor holsters, nor after market sights are difficult to find.

Until the last couple of years Walther has done a poor job advertising and marketing their products but they aren't a backwater firearms company. Their relationship with Smith & Wesson was a bad decision on their part and did them no good in the US. But now they have their own USA based headquarters and are putting their advertising out there so more new shooters are now becoming familiar with the name. The PPQ is a top notch polymer striker handgun.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast