Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prvi -Partizan aka PPU recalls all 6.5 Grendel ammo and brass

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AssGasOrBrass View Post
    Below is the reply I received after emailing PPU regarding the recall. I don't have receipts for my ammo/brass and most of what I have is once fired brass so I guess no refund or exchange for me. They have discontinued 6.5 Grendel. My theory is that this is related to paying/not paying royalties to AA for the use of the "Grendel" trademark. I am guess some legal action was taken against them resulting in the recall.

Below is e-mail received from PPU's US distributor.

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to contact us.
    We currently offer two options:
    1. Reimbursement for the unfired ammunition or brass (Please, provide the receipts)
    2. Exchange for another caliber (we do not offer 6.5 Grendel - it is discontinued)
    In order to receive reimbursement or exchange, we will need to receive 6.5 Grendel to our warehouse.

Please, return the unfired ammo and/or brass via UPS or FedEx to the following address:

TR&Z USA Trading Corp.
    1370 Honeyspot Rd Extension Building B
    Stratford, CT 06615

We will reimburse for shipping to us ( please, e-mail the receipt).
    We will send a check or replacement ammunition as soon as we will receive a return.
    Please, include all your contact information with the returned ammunition.
    If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact me any time.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Nijole Inkrata
    TR&Z USA Trading Corp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is no evidence that they are discontinuing the Grendel line, and it certainly wasn't due to a trademark. That went the way of the dodo once the Grendel went SAAMI.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Umm, I think he just provided evidence in the form of an email from PPU's US distributor.

The fact that they want receipts in order to refund money leads me to believe that it's not a safety issue. If it was, then they'd offer value that easily more than the ammo was purchased for in order to get it back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Umm, I think he just provided evidence in the form of an email from PPU's US distributor.

The fact that they want receipts in order to refund money leads me to believe that it's not a safety issue. If it was, then they'd offer value that easily more than the ammo was purchased for in order to get it back.
    Given that there is evidence that Serbia will be adopting the Grendel as a military cartridge in some capacity, I highly doubt that a Serbian ammo manufacturer will discontinue that same cartridge.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macht View Post
    Given that there is evidence that Serbia will be adopting the Grendel as a military cartridge in some capacity, I highly doubt that a Serbian ammo manufacturer will discontinue that same cartridge.

I would not be surprised if PPU (who has discontinued 6.5 Grendel per the email I received) simply rebrands their Grendel Ammo to .264 LBC, or .264 AR... something that's not trademarked but compatible with all Grendel type chambering. I guess only time will tell.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would not be surprised if PPU (who has discontinued 6.5 Grendel per the email I received) simply rebrands their Grendel Ammo to .264 LBC, or .264 AR... something that's not trademarked but compatible with all Grendel type chambering. I guess only time will tell.
    Grendel is not trademarked and has been a SAAMI cartridge for years

There are mfgs (LBC) that wanted a tighter neck and different throat and labeled theirs 264 LBC. But they shoot the same ammo/brass

My brother and I have SAAMI chambers and have never had an issue with the wolf Grendel ammo, or any other for that matter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Grendel is not trademarked and has been a SAAMI cartridge for years

There are mfgs (LBC) that wanted a tighter neck and different throat and labeled theirs 264 LBC. But they shoot the same ammo/brass

My brother and I have SAAMI chambers and have never had an issue with the wolf Grendel ammo, or any other for that matter
    According to this article (link below) "Grendel" is a trademark held by Alexander Arms. Companies using the Grendel name must pay royalties to AA.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...grendel-clone/

I have a .265 LBC chamber barrel and also have not had any issues with Grendel Ammo and have tried everything that's commercially available .

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    According to this article (link below) "Grendel" is a trademark held by Alexander Arms. Companies using the Grendel name must pay royalties to AA.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...grendel-clone/
    That article was very Inaccurate in 2010 and totally wrong now.

Originally trademarked, but royalties were not the reason. Or apparently ever collected.

Just required an agreement not to deviate the chamber, abide by bolt design, etc.

All that was dropped when the cartridge was submitted to saami

TFB has been wrong on many things, not just Grendel. And had a particular axe to grind on Grendel for some reason

Feedback Score
    Is there any update on the availability of brass cased 6.5 Grendel? I recently purchased a 6.5 Grendel chambered Vepr (which is marked 6.5x39) and 3k rounds of Wolf steel cased ammo. All would be well, but the Wolf bullet jackets are bimetal and my local indoor range won't allow it. Hornady seems to be the only brass cased ammo available, but it's expensive.

No, the Galil mag won't feed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Federal also make Grendel Ammo but $$$

Feedback Score
    Do we know if they'll ever re-make the PPU (with improvements of course)? Brass Grendel's are so freaking expensive!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12