Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First impressions: KAC ACC

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

First impressions: KAC ACC

Over the years I have gone from a lover of things KAC, to a pure hater. This ebb and flow has stemmed from multiple reasons, but that's not what this thread is about. I'm sure there are various folks who may remember some of my more colorful posts on the subject. This post is about how I have come full circle, and really appreciate KAC products again.

This all stemmed from a KAC bashing session here on M4C where I took a lot of flak for railing against KAC due to some negative experiences I'd had in recent years with some issued kit. It got ugly, people got butt hurt, only the Knights rep stayed cool and professional.

At the time I owned an OBR (still own it) and a LMT MWS. I figured I would put my money where my mouth was and get into the KAC game too. I would either confirm my negative ideas or end up with a new toy that lived up to the hype. I hit up the friendly company rep and said that I had two SR-25 pattern guns, and that I wanted an upper. He obliged all my questions and when we got down to brass tacks about money, it wasn't a huge stretch to make it a complete gun rather than just an upper so I bit. We chatted for over a year about pros and cons about different configurations and after and few bumps in the road I got my gun.

No question about it, my OBR is a laser beam. It shoots. Period. Precision gas gun was covered, so I wanted the impossible: lightweight, easy shooting, hardcore-parkour-gangster, commando heavy carbine. I ordered an MLOK ACC with MAMS. I've carried various iterations of SR-25 rifles (MK11, M110 SASS) and the MK17. Not much lightweight about the SRs, and the MK17 is light and kicks like more than most want. I'm talking real MK17, not 17S with cannon break on the end. I thought that what KAC was touting the ACC to be was impossible. So I trusted Jack and ordered it.

Well I'm a few hundred rounds in, and so far I'm digging it. A lot. I'm not going to test it for maximum accuracy potential. I have that covered and didn't buy this to fill that role. I wanted something I could engage 20" targets out to 500m and still be handy at short ranges. Thusly it wears a scope that tops out at 8x, and will likely never see more power than that. The gun impressed me. I don't get excited much about guns anymore. I'm pretty jaded. This makes me grin when I shoot it. Recoil is nothing like 308. It's more like 762x39. The MAMS is incredible in that dept.

When Jack tells you that you're getting a lightweight 308 that shoots fast and flat, he's telling the truth. What he doesn't tell you is how fun it is.

I'll likely add more observations as they come up. I still have only two very short range sessions with the carbine so far.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thank you for sharing your observations. I am pondering a similar rifle, and will be listening with great interest.

Thanks again, and stay safe.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Definitely #1 on my list.

Feedback Score
    If the ACC was reliable I'd look seriously at replacing several 7.62 rifles.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 10-05-16 at 02:45.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I just received mine Monday and have not had a chance to test it out yet.

If it shoots as nice as it looks and feels I'll be happy. Mlok rail and a MAMS....

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    If the ACC was reliable I'd look seriously at replacing several 7.62 rifles.
    Are you insinuating that it is not reliable?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've recently picked up an ACC MLOK w/MAMS as well and also was taken aback at how "handy" it is. I haven't done much with it yet; just can't decide on an optic so its been a loaner Comp M4 and irons only so far.

Choosing a LPVO is not so easy these days as they all seem to have some strong pros and cons.

Honestly the ACC has me looking at my 5.56 rifles and wondering what I will be doing with them going forward and if they would be better served as 7.62 ammo trade in. Its been several years since I've been in the .308/7.62 arena and I stupidly sold all my ammo/components when I had no rifles so will be starting over at today's pretty high prices.
    Last edited by Falar; 10-05-16 at 09:23.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    One of these is definitely on my list as I would like to put it up against my scar 17.

@ the OP, What LPVO are you running with 8 power?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Owning a very capable MWS has pushed acquiring an ACC down my list of guns-to-buy, but I'm making some serious effort to order one before the end of the year. Ayan is sick of waiting for me to shit or get off the pot I'm sure. I'd like to keep the MWS set-up in it's current configuration as a dedicated DMR and run the ACC as a dedicated battle rifle equipped with a capable LPVO, with not much else in the way of attachments/accessories. I appreciate your insight.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    I've recently picked up an ACC MLOK w/MAMS as well and also was taken aback at how "handy" it is. I haven't done much with it yet; just can't decide on an optic so its been a loaner Comp M4 and irons only so far.

Choosing a LPVO is not so easy these days as they all seem to have some strong pros and cons.

Honestly the ACC has me looking at my 5.56 rifles and wondering what I will be doing with them going forward and if they would be better served as 7.62 ammo trade in. Its been several years since I've been in the .308/7.62 arena and I stupidly sold all my ammo/components when I had no rifles so will be starting over at today's pretty high prices.
    I'm trying to decide what to do about LPVO as well.

I have a CQBSS but really thinking MK6 1-6. Weight difference(around 6oz), price, and the CQBSS I have is TMR which isn't a dot.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast