Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: First impressions: KAC ACC

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    Here is a quick picture of the ACC at the range. I selected the one with the flash hider since I am not a fan of muzzle bakes for the shooting that I do.

How is recoil with a FH? I've never shot a .308 gas gun. Can you relate it to a 300blk 110gr super, or ak47 762 123gr?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    How is recoil with a FH? I've never shot a .308 gas gun. Can you relate it to a 300blk 110gr super, or ak47 762 123gr?
    The first time I pulled the trigger I was surprised how little recoil it had for a .308.

I should explain that I do a lot of my shooting in an indoor range as pictured here in stalls like this. This range is closest to me and most convenient. Blast can get really bad and I do not have a supressor--hence my choice of the flash hider over the blast of the muzzle break. This is how I requested the gun and plan to run it.

If it was a .308 boltgun I would want a recoil pad. I am fine with this gun as it is. I was shooting more rounds than I should have at the bench with only a light shirt on. It has more recoil and muzzle jump than an AK47 123 grain. But it is manageable. I obviously cannot run it the way I could a 5.56 carbine. Hammers and failure drills are not something to write home about. But it is not made to be that.

I think I have run a little over 200 rounds offhand over the course of three shooting sessions. When firing offhand I used the short dot on the 1.5 setting with the illuminated reticle. It took a bit getting used to the 1.5 power as opposed to 1 power or 1.1 power, but I really like it. I would have rather had a 1-8 power Short Dot, but S&B doesn't make one with the CQC reticle, which is the reticle that I wanted since I can pick it up the quickest, and because my goal for this rifle was to be for close in on out.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will actually get to shoot it at a 100 yard range.
    Last edited by Ed L.; 03-06-17 at 04:38.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    The first time I pulled the trigger I was surprised how little recoil it had for a .308.

I should explain that I do a lot of my shooting in an indoor range as pictured here in stalls like this. This range is closest to me and most convenient. Blast can get really bad and I do not have a supressor--hence my choice of the flash hider over the blast of the muzzle break. This is how I requested the gun and plan to run it.

If it was a .308 boltgun I would want a recoil pad. I am fine with this gun as it is. I was shooting more rounds than I should have at the bench with only a light shirt on. It has more recoil and muzzle jump than an AK47 123 grain. But it is manageable. I obviously cannot run it the way I could a 5.56 carbine. Hammers and failure drills are not something to write home about. But it is not made to be that.

I think I have run a little over 200 rounds offhand over the course of three shooting sessions. When firing offhand I used the short dot on the 1.5 setting with the illuminated reticle. It took a bit getting used to the 1.5 power as opposed to 1 power or 1.1 power, but I really like it. I would have rather had a 1-8 power Short Dot, but S&B doesn't make one with the CQC reticle, which is the reticle that I wanted since I can pick it up the quickest, and because my goal for this rifle was to be for close in on out.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will actually get to shoot it at a 100 yard range.
    Highly recommend the Magpul STR with 0.70 pad.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    That's what I have on my ACC. Quite comfortable.

Feedback Score
    I use that pad with the ACS and STR, works better for me.

Feedback Score
    Agreed, have this on my tOBR, good combo.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112