Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First impressions: KAC ACC

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm using a CQBSS with H27D. I also own the mk6 1-6 with TMRD. They both have horrendous eye box compared to the Vortex Razor 2. The Razor is crazy heavy, due to all the glass which makes it have such great characteristics and the reticles are completely not as good as they could or should be unless you have Jerry's gun and bullets.

I find myself getting lost during recoil due to the tiny eye box. It is what slows me down with the ACC, not the recoil. The leupold mk6 one piece mount may not be high enough and I might try something taller and see if that helps; I think it will. If you find the reticles are acceptable in the Vortex option I would likely go that route. I also have a D-EVO/LCO combo that I might try. I think for my use though, the CQBSS will keep me most satisfied beyond 100m.

Having owned a MWS, and fought with a Mk17, I can say there is no comparison. The MWS is great for pseudo-long range/precision stuff because you can easily change calibers to something better than 308. You can also do that with any AR pattern gun, it's just sexier on the LMT. For that sexiness you give up on something important-options. Sure people can custom make barrels for your proprietary system, but holy smokes that is even more cost. It's a great system, and part of me misses it, but I'm not losing sleep over it. The MK17 is a great gun, if it cost $1000+ dollars less than what it currently does. It's nice and light and super accurate for a battle carbine. The recoil impulse is terrible, the flimsy parts break under silly circumstances and hard use, and to make it as nice as it can possibly be it costs almost as much as an ACC but still falls short.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    I'm using a CQBSS with H27D. I also own the mk6 1-6 with TMRD. They both have horrendous eye box compared to the Vortex Razor 2. The Razor is crazy heavy, due to all the glass which makes it have such great characteristics and the reticles are completely insufficient unless you have Jerry's gun and bullets. I find myself getting lost during recoil due to the tiny eye box. It is what slows me down with the ACC, not the recoil. The leupold mk6 one piece mount may not be high enough and I might try something taller and see if that helps; I think it will. If you find the reticle she acceptable in the Vortex option I would likely go that route. I also have a D-EVO/LCO combo that I might try. I think for my use though, the CQBSS will keep me most satisfied beyond 100m.

Having owned a MWS, and fought with a Mk17, I can say there is no comparison. The MWS is great for pseudo-long range/precision stuff because you can easily change calibers to something better than 308. You can also do that with any AR pattern gun, it's just sexier on the LMT. For that sexiness you give up on something important-options. Sure people can custom make barrels for your proprietary system, but holy smokes that is even more cost. It's a great system, and part of me misses it, but I'm not losing sleep over it. The MK17 is a great gun, if it cost $1000+ dollars less. It's nice and light and super accurate for a battle carbine. The recoil impulse is terrible, the flimsy parts break under silly circumstances and hard use, and to make it as nice as it can possibly be it costs almost as much as an ACC but still falls short.
    This is why I can't decide on a LPVO for my ACC. It seems you can't "get it all" with any of them. Leaning towards the Mk 6 with TMR-D to stay light.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    This is why I can't decide on a LPVO for my ACC. It seems you can't "get it all" with any of them. Leaning towards the Mk 6 with TMR-D to stay light.
    Mk6 is so much lighter. Plus it has 0.5mil marks which every scope should have at a minimum in Q1 FY17!

With the Vortex you get super eyebox and the DOT. When the dot is too bright I think of Sarah Connor screaming and shaking the chain linked fence as her flesh flies from her bones.

It's all about what you prefer. For me it was the half mil marks. If Vortex put half mils in those scopes I'd sell off everything else. ARE YOU LISTENING VORTEX? I have who knows how many thousands of dollars of non-Vortex scopes because of reticle designs.

I'll be interested in hearing what you choose and how you like it.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    My understanding is the Kahles 1-6x is an often overlooked but attractive option. I really like the form factor of the S&B 1-8x Short Dot, but I won't be getting my hands on one anytime soon. I'm becoming a Euro glass whore.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    My understanding is the Kahles 1-6x is an often overlooked but attractive option. I really like the form factor of the S&B 1-8x Short Dot, but I won't be getting my hands on one anytime soon. I'm becoming a Euro glass whore.

I really like Kahles and S&B. When my APR comes in I'm almost certain a S&B 3-20 ultra short is going on it. I just wish they would update their reticles because I would love something like the SKMR the Kahles 6-24 has (which I think I will use to replace the USO on my long range custom '06) but I can live with the MSR, that's for sure.

As far as the k16i goes I have considered it but there is definitely less information out there on it in the form of user reviews. Weight looks similar to the Mark 6 and I've heard the eyebox and illumination are top notch. The SM1 reticle definitely looks usable with 10 mils in .5mil increments as well as the two illuminated portions for close range use.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    I really like Kahles and S&B. When my APR comes in I'm almost certain a S&B 3-20 ultra short is going on it. I just wish they would update their reticles because I would love something like the SKMR the Kahles 6-24 has (which I think I will use to replace the USO on my long range custom '06) but I can live with the MSR, that's for sure.

As far as the k16i goes I have considered it but there is definitely less information out there on it in the form of user reviews. Weight looks similar to the Mark 6 and I've heard the eyebox and illumination are top notch. The SM1 reticle definitely looks usable with 10 mils in .5mil increments as well as the two illuminated portions for close range use.
    I've become a fan of Horus reticles ever since I got my hands on a rare 4-16x42 PM II equipped with an H37. I'm just happy that S&B offers those reticle options in some of their glass, even though you'd have to take out a second mortgage to buy one.

Sounds like you should give the Kahles some serious consideration going forward.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 10-05-16 at 17:51.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I'm waiting for a 1-8/10 NF if one ever comes out for my APC. I have a NSR reticle on my Steiner Military on there now, but it is 3x on its low end. Big fan of the NSR. I am also waiting for an illuminated G2 reticle from someone..
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Mmmm...Kahles. Last I looked, the K16i didn't have a reticle that appealed to me. If that has changed I'll be interested. What I would love to have for a longer range gun is the K312. One day.

Edit-that k16i has better reticles than I thought I remembered. Might have to sell some things to fund that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I'm waiting for a 1-8/10 NF
    This!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hehe, I recall that thread. Dudes getting pissed.

Glad you like the ACC, I have an ECC plus one I cobbled together. Once the gigoloing business picks up, ACC is def on the buy list. Esp with MLok.

KAC really has been giving us gold.

One day, I'll get the S&B I deserve.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast